Iron Maiden - The Evil That Men Do (feat. Siegfried at vocals)

Jotun666

Inspired
Hi, fellas!

I just made another collaboration with Siegfried, this time covering Iron Maiden´s amazing The Evil That Men Do. We also got help from Johnny Sobrino on bass guitar and Patrick Fallang playing the solo.

All guitars and bass were recorded (reamped in Pat´s case) using an Axe FX II. I hope you like it and share it!

What can I say...awesome as usual. Everything sounded incredible!!

Would love to hear you guys cover Jorn Lande.:)

Thanks a lot, Cyoung! Glad you liked how it sounds and I´ve got to say that it´s a pleasure working with musicians like these ones.

Sieg is a great fan of Jorn´s, so don´t be surprised if we covered one of his songs soon...

Cheers!

Sounds fantastic! would love to know what your settings were for the guitar tone for the bridge starting at 2:59. GREAT tone!

Absolutely perfect. One of my favorite songs too. Have you considered upgrading this collaboration project to band status?

Love the arrangement and all the changes you guys made. I might even like this more than the original. Sounds fantastic.

Thanks a lot for your views and comments, mates!

Pwrmac, glad you liked it, man! I´m not really sure since I recorded the song several times and used different settings, but I think it´s a Marshall JCM800 there with the 4x12 Recto SM57 and reverb+delay from the Axe FX. Hope it helps!

ElectricPhase, thank you so much! Honestly, it would be very hard, since I´m from Spain and Siegfried is from Korea...A lot of distance there. Also, in this case, Pat is from Norway, and Johnny is from Spain (he lives in the same city as I do, so he would be the easiest one to perform with). Anyway, we are making more covers, so stay tuned!

TFC, thanks a lot! I´m really glad you liked the changes we made: basically I arranged the most of it, though Patrick did his solo without any direction, Sieg changed vocals as he liked with some tips from me and Johnny played bass around the drums I programmed, but he added some details of his own. It´s great to have musicians like them.

Cheers!

Absolutely phenomenal. Production (both audio and video) is tight as hell, musicianship is excellent, and all the changes and tweaks you guys did to personalize it work perfectly.

Siegfried has a hell of a singing voice. I'm actually in awe.

Thank you so much for your views and comments!

Season, glad you liked the production and arrangements here (I was in charge of all of it except the solo and some vocal changes). They are great musicians, all of them, and I´m incredibly honoured to be able to work with them all.

Sieg is a hell of a singer, and we are working on songs that will show more his vocal skills, stay tuned!

Mmpete, he should be singing in a great band, as he´s one of the best singers I´ve ever heard. Glad you liked it, man!

Cheers!

Thank you so much for your views and comments!

Season, glad you liked the production and arrangements here (I was in charge of all of it except the solo and some vocal changes). They are great musicians, all of them, and I´m incredibly honoured to be able to work with them all.

Sieg is a hell of a singer, and we are working on songs that will show more his vocal skills, stay tuned!

Mmpete, he should be singing in a great band, as he´s one of the best singers I´ve ever heard. Glad you liked it, man!

Cheers!
I've seen him sing in other clips too - and loved it then. BTW - The praise of "world class" was meant for everyone in that band - it was sensational all round.

Last edited:
I've seen him sin in other clips too - and loved it then. BTW - The praise of "world class" was meant for everyone in that band - it was sensational all round.

Well, that is great, Pete. Thanks a lot for your kind words! Glad you liked it so much.

ToneLabRat and Bryce, thank you both. Glad you liked how it sounds, as I´m the one behind the mixes and I´m doing this for a living.

Zenaxe, glad you liked it, man! Yeah, they have too many, hahaha, though I used the 7th string sometimes, and for the licks I think I used the 1st one too, though nothing too flashy. For the bass, he may have used one string less, but this is the 5-6 strign bass he had (he only have 4-string bass besides this one) and for the solo guitar, I think Pat chose that guitar for specific reasons.

Sometimes using an extended range instrument is not only for taking advantage of that range, but for sonic reasons (in my case it´s the only guitar I have with high gain Seymour Duncans)

Paperjace, thanks, man! I tried to make a good mixing/mastering out of it and having these awesome musicians helped a lot. Sieg is holding back here...He can scream a lot more (listen to our Sentinel cover to hear that :D )

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom