Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time

A to the T

Experienced
Scene 1 is rhythm,
Scene 2 is the first harmony -5 fixed
Scene 3 is the 2nd harmony using Custom global tuning setting #6 I preprogrammed as follows: (its in G)
This was a perfect example of where the custom global tuning comes in handy as the harmony has 3 different intervals in it and you would have to pedal dance quickly without it.
{WISH} for custom tuning to be brought into each preset instead of in system global memory. This is one thing that I love about the Roland VG-99.

So when you try this patch you will most likely have to find a free global area if #6 is in use and program the harmony as follows, then change your setting to point to that new global location instead of my #6. You will see that custom tuning is enabled in Scene 3 Pitch Block Y

A -3
B -4
C -3
D -5
E -5
F# -4
G -3

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Iron Maiden CSiT 12.02 - by A to the T

Last edited:
trying to get my head around this

1 - go to global menu on axe unit and go to custom scale page and pick your turnings for each note.( would that be on custom scale 6)
2. then in axe edit pick global block and link number 6 - on mine it then says 06 pitch 1

is that what i do as i cant see how to link the custom shift type to the number 6 on the custom scale. how does it know where to look etc

Ya. The global pitch settings are all defaulted to -24. I had pitch location #6 available so I programmed it up there. Then you go to the pitch block Y and you'll see that its set to Custom and the pitch is set to 6. This is what references the global pitch setting. I found it in the manual and the functionality seemed pretty clear so it tried it out and it worked great.

Back
Top Bottom