Iron Maiden...next on Axe-Fx artist list?

Nice. I don't think the production on their most recent albums does Bruce's voice justice. He sounds way better live.

If the Maiden boys converted to axe fx i'd eat my hat.
Axe-Fx makes perfect sense for their touring strategy. Bruce doesn't play, but he'd be an instant fan of fuel saved and the increased control and consistency at concerts.

On Adam's comment, I agree. I picked that video to show even with floor monitor & sidefill wash, you can hear the precision with which he attacks the singing. The fact he can pilot a commercial jet makes sense - neither are trivial endeavors.

Singer, pilot, author, athlete (he used to be ranked in competitive fencing). A bit of a renaissance man really. I had the chance to meet him in 1987 and he's also a very nice guy and really funny too. I'd love for Maiden to hop onboard the Fractal express, but it'd surprise me a little if it happened. Although if it did, maybe they've got some of those GK amps in storage somewhere that they used for a couple albums. Maybe they'd turn 'em over to Cliff for modeling? Not a great tone for everything, but they certainly were unique.

Nice. I don't think the production on their most recent albums does Bruce's voice justice. He sounds way better live.

+100

Steve Harris has lost his mind. I'm as a big of a Maiden fan there as there is, but Harris, a man who has said he suffers from severe hearing loss should be kept far away Kevin Shirley during the mixing process these days. Steve just makes some odd choices regarding the sound of the final product.

Back
Top Bottom