AFIII Iron Maiden "Fear of the Dark"

Such a classic. Loving how balanced everything sounds as well.

*by chance, did you guys also do Dance of Death..?
Thanks, we appreciate it!

Dance of Death isn't currently in our list, but I'd love to add it! We're planning to do at least another couple of livestreams in the not too distant future, one where the setlist is based on requests, so we can probably add it for that.

Nailed the guitar and bass playing and tone. Drummer is solid. Singer was great. Not a Bruce clone. Instead sings it well an appropriately similar style.

Awesome man, so well done. And a great tune too from an album that doesn't get as much respect as it deserves.
Yeah, I agree that album has some solid tunes in it. Although I would rate it in the bottom third of their albums, it's still a good album by most standards (except for Weekend Warrior -- IMO that's their all time worst song). We sometimes play Be Quick or Be Dead and Judas Be My Guide off that album as well, both are a lot of fun and go over well.

Yeah, I agree that album has some solid tunes in it. Although I would rate it in the bottom third of their albums, it's still a good album by most standards (except for Weekend Warrior -- IMO that's their all time worst song). We sometimes play Be Quick or Be Dead and Judas Be My Guide off that album as well, both are a lot of fun and go over well.
Hah, oh yes, no arguments here on Weekend Warrior. I suppose it would sit squarely in the middle for me. Nothing touches their first 7 in my mind. Then maybe Brave New World slightly edges out Fear of the Dark.

Also caught Infinite Dreams with the semi-hollow on your YouTube page. SWEET!

Hah, oh yes, no arguments here on Weekend Warrior. I suppose it would sit squarely in the middle for me. Nothing touches their first 7 in my mind. Then maybe Brave New World slightly edges out Fear of the Dark.

Also caught Infinite Dreams with the semi-hollow on your YouTube page. SWEET!
Tough to top their first 7 albums for sure -- all classics. I'd also rank Brave New World as the best of the rest of their albums. A Matter of Life and Death is another great post-reunion album. I'm still digesting Senjutsu, but so far I think its one of their better post-reunion albums, but still not on the level of their first 7 (or Brave New World, IMO). We're planning to add a song or two from that to the set, which should be fun.

Thanks for checking out the Infinite Dreams video! I had just inherited the semi-hollow from my father not long before, so I wanted to work it into the stream. Although not a typical guitar choice for Maiden, it plays and sounds great even for heavier stuff, and doesn't look too out of place.

Not out of place at all. Gorgeous guitar that added an interesting touch to the vid. Sound wise, seemed to fit in with the band really well too.
Senjutsu - I really want to appreciate it more and keep hearing good things but it just isn’t doing it for me. Spun it a few times but put it down for now. But we all know how that goes. A month from now I’ll throw it on and THIS IS THE GREATEST! Hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom