Iron Maiden Concert

Gourdo

Inspired
Went to see them last nite at the Air Canada Center in Toronto and wasn't really impressed. It was just OK.
I was expecting some wicked guitar being they have 3 guitar players but they didn't do anything that stood out as WOW. The best I thought was the first song of their encore ...Run to the hills...However the back up band was great...The Raven Age...Really tight band with great guitars and and hard hitting drummer and the singer was pretty amazing as well. Look 'em up.

Went to see them last nite at the Air Canada Center in Toronto and wasn't really impressed. It was just OK.
I was expecting some wicked guitar being they have 3 guitar players but they didn't do anything that stood out as WOW. The best I thought was the first song of their encore ...Run to the hills...However the back up band was great...The Raven Age...Really tight band with great guitars and and hard hitting drummer and the singer was pretty amazing as well. Look 'em up.

Seriously ?! Adrian and Dave are two of the best in the biz - they didn't do anything that stood out ?! They have some of the most memorable solos recorded in rock - and consistently continue to produce. They have an amazing sense of melody in their playing. Not sure what " stands out" to you as great playing or what could possibly impress you if they do not...

Seriously ?! Adrian and Dave are two of the best in the biz - they didn't do anything that stood out ?! They have some of the most memorable solos recorded in rock - and consistently continue to produce. They have an amazing sense of melody in their playing. Not sure what " stands out" to you as great playing or what could possibly impress you if they do not...
I'm with you on this! One of the best bands ever! UP THE IRONS!

Funny, Maiden is SELLING OUT Madison Square Garden...that is a testament to their appeal.
Too bad you didn't enjoy it...Nicko is amazing as well and Harris, WOW just WOW.
Bruce can sing his *ss off too.
I missed them this time out, yet have seen them in the past and was MASSIVELY impressed. They are a truly amazing band.

Their harmonized lead parts, with the bass as well, DUDE...that's just something most "new" bands don't dare to attempt. They wrote the book on this kind of stuff. The intricacy of the music is intense. I know because I recently stated playing in a Tribute and the music is just great to play. High energy ROCK. And people go CRAZY for it...
Maybe learn some of it...get a bit of an appreciation. To their credit, they are ALL older guys now and still totally killing it live.

UP THE IRONS indeed.

Maiden is KILLER and I wish them all continued success!!!

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I went to see Iron Maiden a few years ago and expected to see old worn out guys playing a nostalgia show. Instead my friends and I were completely blown away. I've seen younger bands that don't put on a show half as good.

I was a huge Maiden fan in HS in the mid 80's and saw them 2x during the Powerslave/Trooper era. My band even played 'Aces high' in my Sr year talent show.
Live when I saw then during that era I can recall Bruce's voice being low in the mix. He must have been having issues with his power range. The band was great.

Love that band. Murray and Smith have always been my favorite dual guitar attack. First time I saw them was during the Somehwere in Time tour. I was bummed because I was forced to miss Seventh Son tour in 1988 due to enlisting in the military. Being finally able to see that tour when they replayed it in 2012 was such a gift and meant a lot to me. I'm less of a fan of what they're doing these days but they still rock hard and the musicianship is still there.

Indeed. I watched a Periscope broadcast of their opening night and Adrian's solo alone during Tears of a Clown was amazing and worth dealing with the crappy phone stream. Bruce sounded in top form too.

Saw them two years ago. Bruce was a bit of a d*ick on stage, complaining about things.
While I enjoyed the lead guitar parts, I did think the whole stage act was rather past its expiry date. ;-)

While I enjoyed the lead guitar parts, I did think the whole stage act was rather past its expiry date. ;-)
Looking at Janick Gers live I'm under impression that his stage acting (all this kung fu kicking and dancing sh*t) should be marked with the tag "best before 1980". I don't buy it...

The acoustics in the Belle Center must be pretty bad. I've heard my share of - bad sounding - concerts in that place.
I've seen Iron Maiden 6 time in that same venue and the sound was way better than this one. I don't think it has something to do with the Bell Center acoustic!

Little tidbit of trivia for yaz... The back up bands (The Raven Age) guitarist is the son of Iron Maidens bass player...Found this out well after seeing them....

LOVE Maiden!
Too bad I'm not going to see them in Arnhem this year.
I think they give very good and energetic stage performances.
I recommend checking out their most recent live bluray!
Nothing but respect for Bruce and the rest of the band here.

Back
Top Bottom