AFIII Iron Maiden "Back in the Village" cover, live with Axe-Fx III and AX8

Awesome! - you nailed it. One of Maiden's somewhat hidden gems in my opinion. (Of course, everything on Powerslave is incredible IMO.) Great tones too - sounds spot on to me!

Awesome! - you nailed it. One of Maiden's somewhat hidden gems in my opinion. (Of course, everything on Powerslave is incredible IMO.) Great tones too - sounds spot on to me!
Thanks! Yeah, this is such a great tune, and so much fun to play! As far as I am aware, Maiden has never played it live, which is a shame. And I agree that Powerslave is amazing start to finish -- one of the greatest hard-rock/metal albums of all time!

Thanks! Yeah, this is such a great tune, and so much fun to play! As far as I am aware, Maiden has never played it live, which is a shame. And I agree that Powerslave is amazing start to finish -- one of the greatest hard-rock/metal albums of all time!
Maybe they haven't played it live because it's too darn difficult! ;) It's such a fast "pull-off fest", which seemed to be a theme on Powerslave - several songs that featured riffs built around lots of pull-offs and hammer ons.

\m/ Holy crap that was fast
Yeah, I got that going faster than I intended! It was our first live performance in months, and we transitioned into this directly from a Maidenized dual-guitar version of Eruption that we added as tribute to EVH. So I was a little too revved up at the start, which sets the tempo for the whole song. Fortunately, this song kicks ass at any tempo!

Maybe they haven't played it live because it's too darn difficult! ;) It's such a fast "pull-off fest", which seemed to be a theme on Powerslave - several songs that featured riffs built around lots of pull-offs and hammer ons.
It definitely makes for some great picking and pull-off exercises! And the timing is a little trickier in spots than I appreciated before sitting down to learn it. I highly recommend any Maiden fan learning to play it!

Great track from one of my favourite albums of all time. Awesome playing. Great band too! Iron Maiden is one of the few bands that make me want to be able to play the drums haha.
Again: well done!

Back
Top Bottom