IRMA DAY for FLORIDA.......

bradlake

Axe-Master
So I’m in chicago, watching the Weather Channel like a real-time horror movie...There are are so many Floridians who frequent this forum, and some good friends too, here’s hoping everyone is safely hunkered down , if that’s even possible at this point , or out of state...let us know how you you all are if possible.

You know we here if FL can not let Texas have all the fun. Hope we are all ready, looks like it is gonna be a long ruff ride.

Stay safe everyone. Someone i know who lives in Florida evacuated to,Georgia a few days ago. Sounds like the best way to go.

Headed straight for me in the Clearwater/Tampa area. Glad its weakening a little though! We're hunkered down and ready. The water has literally left the bay...

Last edited:
Headed straight for me in the Clearwater/Tampa area. Glad its weakening a little though! We're hunkered down and ready. The water has literally left the bay...
It'll be back and really fast when it does flow back in. A lot of S is going to get F'd in the A when the storm goes from suck to blow. .

We're okay here. Had a big limb hit the house pool cage, lost power for a day. A huge mess. Trees down everywhere. Millions without power. However we (Tampa / Pinellas County) really lucked out. Storm surge was far less than expected. I have rental prop near water and we were worried, but it's fine. The storm petered out a bit before it reached us, but I sat and watched 100 mph gusts whip through the neighborhood for 5 hours through the night. Pretty wild.

I feel for others in the state who didn't fair as well. Hope you all get back to normalcy soon! Bright side for my band is our gig for Daytona bandshell on the beach is still on next weekend! Thought that would be canceled for sure.

Hope your place is okay! It's not looking good in the keys. They took a bad hit.
My place , a high rise condo right off the Causeway in South Beach (closed til noon today...) appears not to have taken on any real damage, though it will be awhile Til i can get down there to check and I don’t yet know the extent of the flood effects. Yes the Keys look like a lot of tragedy for the old salts down there who tried to ride it out....and I have lotsa friends in Miami
/Dade who werevery badly affected,, one of them looks like his entire business, a fleet of rental and crewed boats and yachts, has been totally trashed in-harbor. ....but still Thankful that it wasn’t worse as could easily have been.....

Back
Top Bottom