iRig MIDI + Internal Sample Player

GiRa

Power User
Hi folks!

In my band we use Pro Tools to play the click track for the drummer and to control my patches.

I want to do the same with an iOS device, so I bought an IK Multimedia iRig MIDI device.
I want to output the MIDI tracks to the iRig interface and to an iOS app to play a sample with the click sound.

I can do that using Sample Tank Free and iRig MIDI Recorder but the MIDI recorder cannot import MIDI files, you have to manually record them.

I tried Sweet Midi + Midi Bridge + Sample Tank Free but STF seems to ignore incoming midi notes.

Any help is really appreciated.

We use Sweet Midi with the iRig midi device to trigger our click tracks from an Alesis D4 and to trigger some lighting cues as well, that setup has been working great. I haven't ever tried to use Midi Bridge though. I was considering buying it in an attempt to trigger a sampler app from the Sweet Midi app........you have me more curious now. Sorry I can't help with your problem, but I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread and see how you resolve this.

Update!

We got it working: Midi Bridge + Sample Tank Free + Sweet Midi.

Midi Bridge: the default settings should work, route Midi Bridge to Midi Bridge (for Sample Tank) and to iRig.

Sample Tank Free: configure it to run in background. Select the right instrument, MIDI channell etc...

Sweet Midi: select CoreMidi with Midi Bridge as MIDI outputs.

How to make it work:
- Close all your running apps
- Connect the iRig interface
- Start Midi Bridge
- Start Sample Tank Free
- Start Sweet Midi

This startup sequence is very important, otherwise Sample Tank will not work.

Bye

Back
Top Bottom