IR Suggestions for hot rodded Marshall sound

TGM

Inspired
Hi,

What are your favourite IRs to use with Friedman HBE or other hot rodded Marshalls?
I'm listening to clips from Ownhammer's Lynchback and EDVH Bogner, both seems to be good in their own ways.
Any suggestions?

You are going to get a million different answers to this question. It really all depends on what you want to hear. I tend to like V30's the best, but that is the tone I go for. I you are looking for more of a classic marshall type tone, than greenbacks may fit your bill better. Really all just depends on taste.
For what it's worth, when trying to get a "Classic Marshall" sound I usually use the OH Mar CB pack with H75/M75 greenbacks OH1 mixes. Although the new OH Green Vintage players pack sounds phenomenal as well.

Reactions: TGM
What are your favourite IRs to use with Friedman HBE or other hot rodded Marshalls?
I find myself using only three "hot rodded" Marshall-type amps. Here are the IR's that I like using with each amp.

Splawn Quickrod = Celestion G12M-25 in an Orange PPC412 4x12 cabinet from the OH HHC.
Splawn Nitro = Eminence Governor in a Diezel front loaded 4x12 cabinet from the OH HHC.
Friedman BE-100 = Celestion G12M-25 and Celestion V30 in an Orange PPC412 4x12 cabinet from the OH HHC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion guys. Will check those packs.
Btw, is Green Vintage Player pack good for "modern vintage" sounds, think of Doug Aldrich for instance.

Btw, is Green Vintage Player pack good for "modern vintage" sounds, think of Doug Aldrich for instance.

I'm using the Green Vintage Player Pack with my Les Paul which has the Sure Doug Aldrich pick ups ;)

This video is a good example with the OH Green Vintage Pack.....

Yes Absolutely, I usually go for a more "modern" vintage sound, and it does it in spades.

Back
Top Bottom