IR Request: Nylon String Guitar

claudel

Experienced
I don't have any mics, preamps, or a nylon string guitar,
so if you do, and have a nice sounding capture, please post the IR...

TIA

Seconded - the acoustic IRs sound so good now - a nylon IR for my nylon piezo would be killer.

I might be able to help. I have a Fishman Aura imagin Nylon pedal that sounds fantastic. I can try and make IRs of it, but that won't happen till next week since i will not be at home till next wednesday.

Hi again!

I made a quick test and tried to capture one ir from the fishman pedal.

It has 16 different positions and a Phase switch. I will capture all of them with the phase on and off.

Here you have the first one, position 1 phase switch On.

Its not my favorite sound, i think i really loved #15 or 14, those sounded really good with my guitar, but i had to start with one, right? :)

Anyway, with some eq can sound pretty decent, but again...wait for the rest of them, they are amazing! At least it takes away that "plastic" sound from the piezo.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Nylon 1 Phase right.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 788
Hi gambapaketera,
i have taken your IR but i haven't tested it yet.
I have an Ultra and i have modified it with axeomatic for it to suit Standard/Ultras, can i post it in the right forum section? It's your IR, so i ask your permission. ;-)

Hi gambapaketera,
i have taken your IR but i haven't tested it yet.
I have an Ultra and i have modified it with axeomatic for it to suit Standard/Ultras, can i post it in the right forum section? It's your IR, so i ask your permission. ;-)

Of course! This IR is for the whole community...my plan is to convert all those 32 IRs to both formats...so i guess you saved me the time to convert this one :)

Cheers

Can someone point to a step by step on how to use acoustic IRs to enhance my acoustic Taylor 914??
Set up a patch with a cab block and use these IRs to enhance the sound of your Taylor. I'll post a patch up later when I'm home. Typically, I run a compressor into the cab block then to reverb or delays.

Set up a patch with a cab block and use these IRs to enhance the sound of your Taylor. I'll post a patch up later when I'm home. Typically, I run a compressor into the cab block then to reverb or delays.
Man I am excited to hear this! I mean my Taylor sounded pretty good just using that MSG in a bottle preset lol

Wow, just tried Nylon 1 in a parallel path to my signal, just enough to add to the mix and it's superb, really, amazing!!!! Thanks so much man. Will go on trying with the others but number 1 really works!!!!

Just to be clear... is this about changing electric guitar sound into a nylon string guitar sound?
Nope. It's about taking an acoustic guitar, in this case some unidentified nylon string acoustic guitar with an underbridge piezo and using a Fishman Aura Imagine pedal with a bunch of presets to modify the sound. But the source is an acoustic. After that, I'm unclear if he went through an amp, or the Axe-FX and created a cabinet sound (I'm a newbie with IR creation), or to an acoustic amp and miked and recorded it. But the results with my non-nylon string Taylor 214 steel string acoustic are very pleasing. I've run the Taylor directly into my pre-amp before and it sounds rather horrible (unlike when I run it into my fender acoustic amp, one of the higher end ones, where it sounds great). Presets 14 and 15 make it sound very in the room. I used some plugins in my console for reverb and super mild delay and the end result is amazing.

You'll have to break down and buy an acoustic guitar with a pickup system. I highly recommend the Taylor 214 which has a great sound even acoustically and is super easy to play for an electric guitarist. I think mine was on sale for $900 when I got it. I have a Taylor that is triple the price as well, but this one plays as good and has an equally pleasing, but different, acoustic sound.

Can you please generate the same IR files but in wav format? I need to sue them on my Headrush Pedaleboard.

Back
Top Bottom