IR Processing Option (referencing OH Massive Libraries)

peteri

Power User
Hi

I've recently started playing more with mixing cabs, and I'm getting a lot of phasing problems when mixing Its from the recent OH releases (which sound amazing).

Should I change the auto import option to minimum phase and re-import?

Anything I can do to retrospectively fix this?

Thanks

Importing at minimum phase would fix that. You can also use the mic distance parameter in the cab block for existing IR's.

Thanks Leon, I think I need to be braver on the mic distance (in terms of larger values) as I did try that.

Option changed!

Thanks Leon, I think I need to be braver on the mic distance (in terms of larger values) as I did try that.

Option changed!

Jane you tried the latest beta release? The new visual IR alignment tool is awesome for that

Gee, Leon was faster ! :) But from my experience the mic distance doesn't help when mixing OH IR's with others (I still wonder why) but the smoothing yes.

You can either download again the Line6 folders from your OH account (which I did) : the files in them are 200ms and minimum phase, this should allow you to mix them with other factory cabs of the Axe, which are also MPT. Got that from Kevin himself... (and it's explained on the site too).

Or you can re process the wav files through Cab Lab with min phase ticked in the wav to syx process. I don't know why but I didn't succeed at transforming the IR files through Axe Cab manage in Axe Edit.

However I wonder if the new (beta) 2.05 FW will solve the phase problem between non MPT OH IR's and IR's from other manufacturers, which would help to preserve the benefit of using unprocessed IR mixes (in ref to this topic : https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/non-minimum-phase-irs.146046/ )
Will try this tonight maybe

Last edited:
Interesting - I updated to 2.05, no difference.

Re-imported all IRs with the minimum phase option on in Axe-Edit.

This now allows me to mix from a volume point of view without issue, but the smoothing control adds a lot of phasing.

Only happens with the OH latest releases, the ML and York I've got are fine.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom