Wish IR Player

+1 .. would love to have IRs on both piezo and magnetic chains from a dual-output guitar on FM3!
That can be done in a stereo cab block with some panning and a couple of Vol/Pan blocks. But both cabs will end up in the same location in the grid. Unless you take it to another level with some 'Send' and 'Return' blocks, CPU permitting.

Here is a routing example of a preset that uses two IRs in a stereo Cab block, where each IR is in a different location in the signal chain.
MomsOfTheDisappeared FM3 routing.png

That can be done in a stereo cab block with some panning and a couple of Vol/Pan blocks. But both cabs will end up in the same location in the grid. Unless you take it to another level with some 'Send' and 'Return' blocks, CPU permitting.

Here is a routing example of a preset that uses two IRs in a stereo Cab block, where each IR is in a different location in the signal chain.
Amazing! I'll have to spend some time studying that grid.. I guess for me, and maybe others running Piezo & Real Electric over two connections from a single guitar, it'd be two mono inputs with things like EQ, compression on both and maybe wah, amp, etc. on the electric chain, then into a mixer block to be hard panned, run through a cab block for their respective IRs, and then another mixer block to be separated back out for delays, tremolos, plexes, enhance, etc. (where they both become stereo), then back together again as stereo feeds to pass through the one reverb block and output together.. I've got some homework to do 🤓

View attachment 117769
You are so profoundly good at this ..it is like sorcery.

Amazing! I'll have to spend some time studying that grid.. I guess for me, and maybe others running Piezo & Real Electric over two connections from a single guitar, it'd be two mono inputs with things like EQ, compression on both and maybe wah, amp, etc. on the electric chain, then into a mixer block to be hard panned, run through a cab block for their respective IRs, and then another mixer block to be separated back out for delays, tremolos, plexes, enhance, etc. (where they both become stereo), then back together again as stereo feeds to pass through the one reverb block and output together.. I've got some homework to do 🤓
Sounds like you've got the idea.

Slapped this together on my Axe-Fx III, FM3 is packed away. So not even sure if the FM3 would run this. But this might be something like you described? 'Input 1' is the Mag pickups. 'Input 2' is the Piezo.

The Amp and GEQ block's 'Balance' parameters would be panned hard Left and hard Right, respectively, to feed into only the Left and right IRs of a stereo Cab block, with their respective (output) 'Pan' parameters then panned hard Left and Right. Then the two Vol/Pan blocks would have their 'Input Select' parameters set 'Left Only' and 'Right Only' to isolate each individual hard panned IR for further individual processing.

The Mixer/Plex-Delay and Mixer/Reverb paths are like parallel effect loops. They would let you send either path, at whatever blends (via channels) to either effect. This could help save a bit of CPU% by sharing two of the most CPU intensive blocks, but still having control of the amount of effect on each signal path.
Dual path Mag-Piezo.png

Last edited:
Man, @Moke that routing is so cool!!
The colors are the only way I can envision it. :)
That's kind of how I envision it in my head. I think of it like pipe and plumbing fittings. With water flowing though and branching off at 'Y's, going though each block and getting a new colored die added to it. Clear water at the start, then branches off into two paths. One path gets some red, the other some yellow. Then they 'Y' back together, and the new merged path is orange, etc...

Slapped this together on my Axe-Fx III, FM3 is packed away. So not even sure if the FM3 would run this. But this might be something like you described? 'Input 1' is the Mag pickups. 'Input 2' is the Piezo.

The Amp and GEQ block's 'Balance' parameters would be panned hard Left and hard Right, respectively, to feed into only the Left and right IRs of a stereo Cab block, with their respective (output) 'Pan' parameters then panned hard Left and Right. Then the two Vol/Pan blocks would have their 'Input Select' parameters set 'Left Only' and 'Right Only' to isolate each individual hard panned IR for further individual processing.

The Mixer/Plex-Delay and Mixer/Reverb paths are like parallel effect loops. They would let you send either path, at whatever blends (via channels) to either effect. This could help save a bit of CPU% by sharing two of the most CPU intensive blocks, but still having control of the amount of effect on each signal path.
Yeah, that's brilliant.. nice use of the input and output pans and mixer blocks... this has got to be just about the cleanest grid possible, all things considered. I'll see how the FM3 handles it this weekend 🤓

View attachment 117776

That mixer trick just blew my mind!

+1
Or having the possibility to have two single cab block. It would be useful to reduce gaps when changing scenes with kitchen sink presets.

You get gaps from channel changes of the Cab block?
If I have to change amp channel cab channel and maybe others channels, I get less gap if I stay on the same cab and sometimes the transition with same amp and different cab channel is a bit « harsh » and not smooth especially if I tweak things like room etc.

But not really a complaint lol. I’m just being picky.

If I have to change amp channel cab channel and maybe others channels, I get less gap if I stay on the same cab and sometimes the transition with same amp and different cab channel is a bit « harsh » and not smooth especially if I tweak things like room etc.

But not really a complaint lol. I’m just being picky.
The gap should only occur with the Amp block, though...

Not that I'm against the wish in any way :)

Back
Top Bottom