• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

IR of an ENGL E412SS cabinet (Celestion V60)

Stillbruch

Experienced
Hello everyone

I made some IRs of the ENGL E412SS cabinet (4x12" Celestion V60). Unfortunately, the SM57 is the only decent microphone I own to record cabinets.
I recorded five positions from three different distances, however, the only sounds I like are cap and cap edge. Nevertheless, I uploaded all positions in case someone asks out of curiosity.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42235289/Uploads/ENGL%20E412SS%20V60%20SM57%20IR.zip

The IR works best for high-gain amplifiers and hard-rock to metal rhythm-work. It sounds pretty different than the popular V30.

Best regards ;)

Funeral

Fractal Fanatic
Thanks for taking the time to make and share these.
I will give them a go in the morning.

*Edit*
I tried them and they sound great. I have to set the low cut in the cab block to 240, but then they sound perfect.
Thanks again. Very good stuff.

Last edited:

Stillbruch

Experienced
Hello everyone

I'm glad you all like it. I will try to get hands on more microphones and also fix the "too much bass"-problem. I'll keep you posted.

Top Bottom