IR Mixing Software Options

sprint

Axe-Master
For a long time I used Axefx stock cabs mainly, and dabbled in a few Fractal/OH IR pack IRs mixed with Cablab stand alone. More recently, I've started using more mix'd 3rd party IRs with Axefx mainly from Celestion and ML-Soundlab Mikko, and I've started to use IRs with AmpSim plugins also so want to use IR Mix tools that can work as a plugin and which can import/export .wav.

For Cablab, I should have bought the bundled version that included the plugin option. For
Mikko, I'm good as it works both stand alone and plugin.

But here's the thing (and the crux of my question to forum members:

With Cablab, it appears that, though I can load any ir into it (.wav, .ir, .syx), I cannot mix + export to .wav which is the universal formal that I can use with anything (ie ampsim plugins). With Mikko, I can generate .wav but I can only use it to mix ML-Mikko supplied IRs.

So, looks like I don't have an IR mixing tool that's universally usable. Is that correct? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but I've not really gotten into the whole ir thing outside of Axefx before and I'd like to mix ML/Celestion IRs to use in ampsim plugins in paricular. I really like Cablab but I'm not sure it will work even if I upgrade my stand alone Cablab copy to include the plugin option. I'm considering STL Libra, or RW MixIR3 to solve this. I know some IRs I have like Mikko (and, I think maybe the Fractal ones I have) are restricted in that .wav is not supplied so only mixable in the related mix tool, but I have a bunch from Celestion/OwnHammer that supply the .wav so could be used universally. Hopefully I'm not undstanding something and can just stick with Cablab somehow. Any advice you folks can provide would be appreciated - I've searched around but did not see much info on this topic amd can't see a way to generate .wav in Cablab (maybe it's there somewhere and I'm not seeing it).

Last edited:
I bought STL Ignite Libra - mixes upto 8 wav IRs and exports to WAV format. Can then drop into Axedit to convert use in AXEFX III if needed. Was on sale over xmas hols.

I have CabLab, but am disappointed it doesnt have a WAV format export - this limits its usefulness to me.

STL Ignite - Libra - STL Tones
Watched Ola's review of Libra - I like that feature of "moving the dot" to change mix balance. That's not a must have for me - maybe I can score a sale price on this one. Other than Libra and MixIR, there does not seem to be much else out there that I can see.

I strongly suggest the „Fairmageddon“ plugin from Forward Audio. Best phase alignment, best optical control, and best export/mix options for all formats. I own STL Ignite, Cablab, too.
Fairmageddon made them obsolete for me.

have CabLab, but am disappointed it doesnt have a WAV format export
I kind of understand the restriction if they don't want intended for Axefx only IRs going out to .wav. Too bad it can't sense that only other vender .wav IRs were loaded in, so allow .wav export in that case.

Fairmageddon“ plugin from Forward Audio
Thanks - will check that one out.

Back
Top Bottom