IR-LAB application for IR Sorting, Mixing and Auditioning... is now available

I'd like to highlight one of the IR-LAB features, the Recipe Sharing. Believe it or not, this was one of the main triggers for this application.

Once you create a new mixed IR, a Recipe file is also created. This file can not only be loaded locally to bring back the IR selection and Mixer state but it can also be shared with other users. Clearly, by sharing we refer to the Recipe and not to the mixed IR itself.

Any user that has the same libraries and the required structure, can just load the Recipe file and the application will immediately load the selected IRs, initialize the Mixer and the Stereo Split state, and let you right away hear the mixed IR. There is no need anymore to list recipes content over forum pages :)

Even if you don't have all the libraries or items included in the Recipe, once you load the Recipe, you can replace the missing items with other IRs you have. You can also modify the Recipe by replacing some of the IRs or change the mixer sliders and create a new modified Recipe.

I hope you'll find it useful.

Tnx,
Ilan

Last edited:
New IR-LAB full version ( v1.08 ) is released:

- Only .syx files are required now for all libraries
- Mixed IR is now saved also as .syx file (ready to be uploaded to AXE FX)

New features are not included in the Trial version. It's still v1.05.

-----
Since the "Axe-Fx Truncated Wav" folders are not included in the new RW packages, we've changed the application so that these files are no longer required. Only the .syx files are used.

Additionally, you don't need to convert the Mixed IR from .wav to .syx any longer. We've integrated this part into the application and now the Mixed IR is saved as both .wav and .syx formats and is ready to be uploaded to the AXE FX.

Enjoy.
Ilan

Last edited:
That's awesome! Great to see this product developing it's well worth the small outlay for such a useful and time saving companion to the Axe!! Bravo!!

New IR-LAB full version ( v1.08 ) is released:

- Only .syx files are required now for all libraries
- Mixed IR is now saved also as .syx file (ready to be uploaded to AXE FX)

New features are not included in the Trial version. It's still v1.05.

-----
Since the "Axe-Fx Truncated Wav" folders are not included in the new RW packages, we've changed the application so that these files are no longer required. Only the .syx files are used.

Additionally, you don't need to convert the Mixed IR from .wav to .syx any longer. We've integrated this part into the application and now the Mixed IR is saved as both .wav and .syx formats and is ready to be uploaded to the AXE FX.

Enjoy.
Ilan
Well that was enough to go ahead and buy it.

Maybe it has something to do with the new AXE FX II. I just wonder if the new AXE will still be based on .syx files. I guess not as it has a USB connection. Anyway, we will adopt to whatever they'll choose to use.
And yes I agree it is easier to just use the .syx for RW. It is also similar in that regard to OH now.

Hi,
I just bought the IR LAB v.1.08...installed on my computer ( Windows 7)...but doesn`t work...in the speaker window.. nothing..blank..
I tried to upload from my Redwirez and Ownhammer (I bought them too..) but it says:
""Red Wirez Library Structure is not as Specified "....
what I `m doing wrong..?????
please help

Hi Virgil,

- Please make sure the RW Root Folder is defined correctly (via Settings Menu)
- Also check that RW library folders structure is as specified in the UM section 6.2

Feel free to contact us directly for further assistance via our contact page.

BR,
Ilan

After one hour of changing emails ..I have to say that Ilan from Iprodaudio helped me to fix my problems I had with installing the IR-LAB
program on my windows 7.
Thanks Ilan..you were very supportive and I appreciate this very much.
Nice custom care services and my english is not to good to say everything I want to say just THANK YOU !

Any chance of getting realtime preview, meaning our audio interface directly feeding the application? Doing it with audio clips is fine, but sometimes I think that it'd be faster or more accurate to be able to see how it reacts to actually playing through it.

And one other thing I find odd, the little radio buttons don't indicate whether I've checked them or not on my PC. I'm still running XP SP3 so maybe I'm missing something, but I have to guesstimate if I've checked a box because it doesn't show me. This is in the loop section of the IR mixer and the folder selector in the setup section.

Not saying there are no benefits in that but from my experience it is sometimes better to just listen w/o playing. I found myself hearing things I wasn't able to catch while playing. Anyway, this is one of the things we are considering as possible future expansion.

As for the check boxes it is related to the graphics settings on your computer. I'll email you the required settings shortly.

Tnx,
Ilan

Just wanted to thank Ilan for getting back to me almost immediately and yes it was a graphics setting (actually my theme) and while I don't have a permanent fix because I kind of like how I have my system setup I can work around it just fine and he identified the problem for me.

I sure wish it was mac compatible.
+50

I'd need to upgrade my MacBook Pro to run it in a usable way under Fusion (Windows) and Lion (next version of OS X).

Edit: Decided to install the trial version in a Win7 virtual machine set up with the minimum recommended RAM size. This configuration really isn't usable on my 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of RAM, unless I don't try to run anything on the OS X side. IOW, it will work but it is disruptive to work flows.

It looks to be a very useful app, but as a Mac user I would tend to look for other solutions.

Last edited:
You know I've been gone for a while and just got my AxeFXII a few weeks ago and was all excited about firing up IR-Lab again only find out that it doesn't support AxeFXII files directly. Not a huge issue since most of my IR's are available in the old 1024 file size and I can convert them using Axe-o-matic, but it would be nice to know if there were plans to implement it in the future.

I rarely go out and buy software these days and this was one that I absolutely had to have and love.

I think you'll have to contact the developer. There is a contact form on the iProductions web site; let us know if you find out anything.

I may just be a little paranoid after the developers (apparently) abandoned Midi Touch, but there have been no updates to IR-Lab in quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom