IR-LAB application for IR Sorting, Mixing and Auditioning... is now available

A new IR-LAB version (v1.05) is released:

* Fixed Installer bug
* Fixed a bug in .wav format checker. The player now accepts files previously rejected
* Improved Sorter performance
* Added updated OwnHammer names

Ilan

iProductions Audio

A new IR-LAB version (v1.05) is released:

* Fixed Installer bug
* Fixed a bug in .wav format checker. The player now accepts files previously rejected
* Improved Sorter performance
* Added updated OwnHammer names

Ilan

iProductions Audio
Well that does it, I was waiting to see how long it would take you to update the naming conventions for the new OH update. Apparently you don't sit around doing nothing. :razz

If that's any indication of the commitment to the product and support I'll be placing very soon.

Tnx,

I believe that by now, not too few forumites can testify how committed we are :)

It is important to note that the search items (i.e Speakers, Mics, etc) are fully customizable and there is really no need to wait for our updates. Each user can easily add and remove items according to the specific libraries he has. For more details please refer to the IR-Sorter demo vid (on the Products page) and the UM.

Tnx,

Ilan
iProductions Audio

+1, videos look great! Nicely done, elegantly designed feature set.

I'll be trying it soon. I think it will be worth it to make my own short .wav clips of all my main presets (with cab bypassed) for auditioning.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but it would be very cool to be able to resize the app window. This would let you easily read the names of the loaded cabs in the main window whilst mixing it all up. Great app all the same :)

Thanks everyone. We're really happy you find the application useful.

I'm afraid a resize won't help here as the font sizes will stay the same. You might want to check your screen resolution settings if the text is too small.

We are currently working on some new features that I'm sure you'll all appreciate. I prefer not to elaborate until it is ready but stay tuned.

Unfortunately, we're still fighting to fix the email system problems we're having on our site. Please accept my apologies.
Meanwhile, please feel free to contact us directly via info@iprodaudio.com for support and registration passwords issues.

Regards,
Ilan

iProductions Audio

Last edited:
Hi Ilan,

thanks for getting back to me. With regards to the resize issue, I can't see why this wouldn't help so I'm thinking I may have may have been a little unclear.

irlab.png

In the attached screenshot you can see that under the User Cab Slots area of the screen the IR names are truncated, with the redwire cabs you can't see the full mic position etc. When mixing in the Mix/Player this makes it hard to work out which cabs you are mixing together at any point in time. If the user interface was larger then these boxes could be made bigger to fit in more characters. Most people have large monitors nowadays so I think that they could deal with a larger interface. Even better would be to have the cab names in the mixer app itself.

As I say it's just an observation on an already fantastic product, that could make it easier to use.

Thanks

Spence

Thanks Spence. I got it now. Good point.
I can't promise anything at the moment but I can assure you we'll positively consider it.

Good stuff. Keep them coming.

Tnx,
Ilan

iProductions Audio

Ok, I purchased this software over the weekend. Excellent!!!

This will save countless hours of IR Auditioning!!!!

Money well spent.

Nice work guys!

If you have used .Net to develop this app then it would be easy to make the width of the fields a % of the window or snap to a region so all will re-size when you make the window bigger. Not much programming involved and will help us to make use of our extended screens.

It's a little bit more complicated than it seems due to the involved graphics, but we're working on that.

Ilan

ENOUGH WITH THE COUNTDOWNS!!! lol

Any chance of a feature to turn the custom IR mixes to .syx format or save as? Great product by the way, amazing what even a subtle mix of cabs can do to a sound. Keep up with the good work!

New IR-LAB full version (v1.07) is released:

* Added Scan, Report and Auto Update features:
- Scan - improves Sorting performance by scanning the libraries once and performing all searches on the Scan results
- Report - reports how many items were found per library and lists new or removed Search Items
- Auto Update - enables easy updating (if needed) of the Search Items lists

* Added Mix Context Auditioning - enables to associate a Playback Audio Sample for each Audio Sample

Note: Scan has to be preformed after each change in the libraries or their Root Folders !

New features are not included in the Trial version. It's still v1.05.

Have fun,
Ilan

ENOUGH WITH THE COUNTDOWNS!!! lol

Any chance of a feature to turn the custom IR mixes to .syx format or save as? Great product by the way, amazing what even a subtle mix of cabs can do to a sound. Keep up with the good work!

Thanks !

We had considered, at some point, to add this feature but decided that since Alberta's utility became the de facto standard for the conversion function, it'd be better to use that and keep all conversion exactly the same.

Ilan

Would be nice to have it all in one neat program though instead of hopping to and fro IMHO but still a great program. Look forward to trying 1.7 once the kids are out of my hair (bank holidays...meh!)

Back
Top Bottom