IR EQ Match, How does this sound?

Nero

Inspired
Hey guys, so I'm a HUGE slash fan, i've been wanting to emulate his tone forever, and thanks to the AX8 i'm getting very close :)

On the track below you can hear the first 15 seconds is the original song and after it's me , it's still not perfect but im working on it lol i played the riff a bit choppier so i could hear the reverb in the background ringing, so far the hardest part is to get the right reverb that it's just bright enough and that rings just enough. The reverb is a very important part of this riff so any suggestions to make the reverb closer would be appreciated!

I did this using an EQ which i then converted to an IR also i did it using a Gibson LP with Slash's signature pickups, i do have a Gibson Slash AFD LP too which i will use next but they both sound very similar since they have identical setups.

I would love some thoughts on whats missing from my match to try and get closer so any criticism is welcome :) Enjoy!

Hey guys, so I'm a HUGE slash fan, i've been wanting to emulate his tone forever, and thanks to the AX8 i'm getting very close :)

On the track below you can hear the first 15 seconds is the original song and after it's me , it's still not perfect but im working on it lol i played the riff a bit choppier so i could hear the reverb in the background ringing, so far the hardest part is to get the right reverb that it's just bright enough and that rings just enough. The reverb is a very important part of this riff so any suggestions to make the reverb closer would be appreciated!

I did this using an EQ which i then converted to an IR also i did it using a Gibson LP with Slash's signature pickups, i do have a Gibson Slash AFD LP too which i will use next but they both sound very similar since they have identical setups.

I would love some thoughts on whats missing from my match to try and get closer so any criticism is welcome :) Enjoy!

It sounds GREAT!!!! Exactly Slash sound to my ears!!!
What was the process you used to mimmic that? Can you explain in more details?

Thanks guys, ill look for the link of the tutorial i used for matching, i used the Brit Super, the AFS100 has a bit of odd artifacts that didnt sound right, once i finish it i will share the patch, i also have been working on the exact delay on the intro for welcome to the jungle which ive never heard anybody get right

Just happened upon this thread. That Slash tone was pretty damn close to my ears, did the patch ever get shared??:)

Back
Top Bottom