IR CAPTURE SURE IS CLOSE

schlagdog

Inspired
Just was recording with a mic'd cab and thought I would just try an IR Capture of the setup I was using to see how close it was. I usually prefer all my IR Captures over stock cabs because it I get more what I actually hear with my own setup. I was running out of the AXE2-Mosvalve 500 poweramp-mesa 2x12-SM57. The IR is just exactly how it came out with no eq and it sure was close. With about 2 seconds of global eq it would be exact. Not the best tone here because my strings are deader than dead and didnt tweak much. Just playing with IR Capture.

SOUNDCLOUD has all my comment markers all screwed up on the board but if you go to the actually soundcloud page they are right. I dont know what is up with it. It just goes MESA then IR and just repeats that.

Attachments

• MESA 2X12 SM57.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Impressive! I can hear a slight difference but it's so slight I'm having trouble picking exactly what it is :)

Cheers

I noticed all the soundcloud comment markers are all screwed up on the board but not on the soundcloud page. It just goes mesa then IR and repeats that.

All the soundcloud comment markers seem to be screwed up on the board but good on the soundcloud page. Its just mesa then IR then it repeats and I cant seem to fix it by reposting the track so I gave up.

To me the difference is obvious. I must be from another planet... I honestly give up :( (digs hole in ground, moves furniture in... mmmm... nice, cool and snuggly...)

The IR is just slightly more compressed but with 1 minute of EQ tweaking on the global end it would be pretty easy to make it exact I think.

Back
Top Bottom