IR Capture Not Working For Me

Phostenix

Power User
I want to try making some IRs of my Aura, so I hooked it up according to the intructions on the wiki - Output 2 Left of the Axe to the input of the Aura - Output of the Aura back to Input 2 Left of the Axe - and I'm not getting anything out of the Axe (Axe II FW 5.07) in Test mode or Capture mode. I have connected Output 2 Left to the PA through a mixer to troubleshoot & there is no audio coming from the Axe on either Test or Capture. I'm using the front panel Utility menu IR Capture commands & the Axe is not connected to my PC.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

I'm guessing you're probably on a patch that has an FX loop in it. Or you might have "Copy output 1 to output 2" turned on.

Copy Out1 to Out2 is off in the I/O menu. The patch I have up currently has no FXL. I have tried it with nothing else connected to the Axe except Output 2 Left & Input 2 Left. Still nothing coming out of Out2 Left.

Your cab has a built in IR-Capture Protection Detector. You will have to get the IR from Apples new iCab IR Website!!

I made a video of what I'm doing to see if anyone can find an error in my procedure. If not, I guess I contact support next week.

Thanks.

Turn up the Out 2 level knob.

You could be right. I thought I had done that previously when I made the 1st attempt, but I see that the knob is down by the time I made this video.

I successfully got an IR capture this morning after doing a bunch of things last night, including putting an external stereo effect unit in the loop to confirm that the loop was functional. I turned up Out 2 at that point.

Hopefully, it was just that cockpit error. I hate it when things just start working without knowing why.

On to making some IRs.

Thanks, guys!

I was pulling out my hair on my first IR capture - then I discovered Output 2 was set at zero. You're not alone.

Back
Top Bottom