IR Capture-->MESA Roadking II 4x12 (openback) with 2xBlack Shadows C90s & 2xV30s

Don7v

So, this was actually the-weekend-of-cabs-capture-response using my Axe Fx II. I captured my ENGL 212 V30s in a previous post with an SM57 and my ENGL Steve Morse 100W as the power amp (since I dont have a standalone power amp unit) and posted the syx file for the cab. The response came out to be insanely dead on judging from the real cab sound! Therefore, I considered it a must to head over to SoundMax studios owned by a good friend of mine to do a capture of his MESA Roadking II 4x12 (openback) with 2xBlack Shadows C90s & 2xV30s. We used the SM57 as well but since he does not have a power amp stand alone unit we used his Dual Rectifier instead with "BOLD" and "Silicone Diodes" settings. The Audio Interface is a Presonus Firestudio Project. Also, all cables used are VOVOX. We split the capturing to two parts: One was to capture the V30s and the other part was to capture the Black Shadows C90s. Check out how they sound!!

This is the Roadking Cab's C90s section capture with the SM57:

This is the Roadking Cab's V30s section capture with the SM57:

This is the ENGL 212 V30s I have posted earlier:

And here is the ENGL 212 V30s with the R121 engaged through the AxeFxII for a fuller/more bassy sound:

The amp I used for the clips is the 5150 model (PVH 6160) default settings.

Here's a couple of insight pictures from Sound Max studios where the IR Capture was done:
DSC05590.jpg
DSC05592.jpg

Last edited:
that C90 IR sounds killer but it's locking up my Axe Edit and when I send it in to Axe FX I get zero sound

can't download the IR's only the mp3's, unless of course I'm doing something wrong, which is VERY possible ;)

he removed the UR's they were corrupt
I think he's going to re load them wehn he's got them working?

Back
Top Bottom