IR Capture MESA Roadking 4x12 Black Shadows C90 & V30 AND ENGL2x12 V30

Don7v

Hey all,

Finally, did a proper CAB IR capture of two cabs. One is MESA Roadking 4x12 with two Black Shadows C90s and two V30s and the other is my ENGL PRO 2x12 with two V30s. We used a 421 and a SM57 to do to respectively separate captures of the ENGL cab and we used the SM57 to do on capture containing the C90s of the MESA cab and the same mic the capture the V30s of the same cab. So, basically 4 separate user cabs. I did a blend of the two cabs using the Energyball. In the first clip there is the ENGL 2x12 capture with the 57 panned left and the MESA V30s captured with the 57 panned right. The sound of this preset was screaming like "Holy Wars" tone:):

The other combination uses the Energyball (again...) but now blending the ENGL 2x12 capture with the 421 panned left and the MESA C90s captured with the 57 panned right. You can listen to the guitars in the context of a mix and separately in the second half.

The melodies in the first half are played with tone-matched preamp of my ENGL Steve Morse Singature amp. You can find the preset here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...rse-preamp-tone-matched-heres-lead-patch.html

The presets attached contain the ENGL with the SM57 and the MESA V30s with the SM57 (used in the first clip), as I still dont know how to export the cabs-only correctly, and the ENGL with the 421 and the MESA C90s with the SM57 used in the second clip

Also, I used my Presonus FireStudio Project for the capturing. The CABS were captured at Soundmax studios in Athens GR owned by a good friend of mine. Here's a pic of the setup:

DSC05615.jpg

Hope you have fun with them! :D
Don

Attachments

• Powerballz ENGLV30 421 MESAC90 SM57.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Powerballz ENGLV30 SM57 MESAV30 SM57.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hey torkolort! Really sorry for not ansewering, been real busy these days. Unfortunately something is wrong with the cab syx files and I cannot export them. Simply put, I exported them and when imported back for testing gave no sound at all. I hope I find some time and fix this.

somebody have the cabs of that 3 presets? these dont work me! :( (because this patches have the effects and amp!) i need just the cab please!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom