IR Capture Guide 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
M@tt: The last captures i did with the Axe with the latest FW, it sweeps just only two times (but works fine). The pdf is still talking about six times ... i think, this is obsolete?

Will the new Cablab streamline ir capturing or is it basically the same using the Axe only? I've been wanting to test out my new Earthworks TC30 but have been waiting for CL to be released. TIA

This capture manual is great. I used it to make a couple test irs using Cab Lab 3. Worked very well and was easy to do. Thanks for providing such clear directions!

Any recommendations for the "speaker level di box" mentioned in the IR Capture guide (method 2)? Thanks.

Have you tried the Rupert Neve yet? Read great things about it.
How is the Mesa Cabclone thingamajig?

We used the RNDI at our studio session for our upcoming Cab Pack. It's excellent. Should be for $270.

I haven't used the Cab-Clone thingy. As I understand it's just a resistive load with a passive speaker simulator.

We used the RNDI at our studio session for our upcoming Cab Pack. It's excellent. Should be for $270.

I haven't used the Cab-Clone thingy. As I understand it's just a resistive load with a passive speaker simulator.

Cool. Going to order the Neve then. Not read anything bad about it yet and you guys are happy with it too :)

A 40 dollar transformerless option can be purchased from David Bray Amps. I've used his LO-1 for a year now with great results.

Cliff could you give any insight on the difference in making mic+di impulses and a di box with/without a transformer? I'm guessing the isolation mostly provides less chance of a ground hum?

@Admin M@ i've been trying to shoot a couple new ir's, but for some reason they all come out with a sort of built in slap back echo. What am I doing wrong? I suspect it has to do with room reflections, although it's the same room and same setup I've always used with no problems so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom