IR Capture: Axe-Fx MIC + Reference IR vs. Voxengo Deconvolver + Room EQ Wizard

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Today i checked out the "new" "MIC + DI" (reference IR) tecnique in FW17.04. As assumed it works flawless :encouragement: Also i validate, if i get same results using the "old school analog" method via Voxengo Deconvolver plus integration of the "inversed reference IR" via Room EQ Wizard.

For comparison Axe .syx vs. .wav i shooted in Standard-Res with the Axe-Fx (to convert in .wav) (2048 Samples) and compared this with 2048Samples truncated .wav versions.

Also i compared it with 250ms (12000 Samples) versions (which should looking very similiar to "8192" Samples UR).

To me, there are still reasons for shooting in .wav format, if it`s the ability to use them in third party apps, if it`s the possibility of reverberant sound of ambience mic placement, etc.... anyhow....

The video is in german, but for those who are interested in:

REF = Impulse Response from amplifiers line-out
MIC = Impulse response from the miced cabinet
AXE = Hi-Res .syx versions from the Axe-Fx (converted with Jojo`s converter into .wav)
2048 / 12500 = .wav versions shooted with Voxengo (12500 is wrong, has to be 12000...anyhow)

freeze picture at minute 9.03:
RED: 2048 amplifier line-out IR
PURPLE: 2048 Miced Cab IR
GREEN: 2048 Miced Cab-IR with the INCLUDED inversion of the RED (=reference IR)

Imgaine the horizontal blue line would be the theoretical perfect linear amplifier you`ll see the db loss (or rise) in frequency terrain, which will be equalized in the GREEN "MIC + reference DI" IR. That`s the point!

9.26 - 9.36:
comparing the Axe-Fx "MIC + DI" capture with the "manual corrected" "MIC+ DI" .wav versions = identical.

So, what would UR looks like? Similar to the 12000 Samples version from my .wav shootings: Minute 10.32 to 11.25

Last edited:
Here the routing diagram IR-capture .syx/.ir Axe-Fx II vs. .wav/Voxengo/RoomEQWizard

public.php

Back
Top Bottom