Iphone to Galaxy s4

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Who switched to S4 from IPhone and hated it? Why? I am on the fence, but I like the ease of iTunes and Imatch and how pics sync to my iPhoto on my iMac. That and low light camera shots are better on iPhone than just about anything else.

I don't own a S4 of Iphone 5, never have. I do have a ipod touch and a android phone. It's amazing how much I like the iOS over android.
I'm a huge linux fan but Android just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. In iOS, everything is just so easy.
I don't like the price and features of the iphone though, probably never gonna buy one.
So I took my HTC sensation, unlocked and rooted it and installed cyanogenmod 9.1
Really like it so far :)

I've just changed from iPhone to S4 .... it felt like a tv at first but I'm used to it now and the iPhone seems very small now .... I like the fact I can add a sd card in the S4 and the screen is very nice ... but eats power. Too much crap in the TouchWiz UI I think too. But at least I don't have to have a try to put on a US accent to use voice recognition now ;)

WE have ipads, itouch'es, i5's, an iMac and a few rooted Android S3's floating around the house, plus a bunch of Win7 and Win8 PC's and laptops on a dual-band gigabit network with a couple of WAP's connected.

I have no issues with iOS unless I try to "communicate" with anything non-Apple then it either work easily or fails miserably, never to function... ever! My Androids tend to work and being an IT Architect kinda guy.. I DETEST the Apple dumbed-down interface (flame suit on) that work for many, but is a PITA to get "behind" to figure out how stuff works. Easy on an Android... that's why I prefer the Android side.

So what do you all do to get around the ease of iTunes/imatch? Also the auto upload to iPhoto upon return to your house automatically?

Also the low light shots are considerably worse from what I see online.

I also worry about the S4 shutter speed.

i hate android vs ios....but i don't feel the need to get cute with it. its a phone. i want it to do what i need in the most streamlined manner possible.....apple and ios does this in spades...

i hate android vs ios....but i don't feel the need to get cute with it. its a phone. i want it to do what i need in the most streamlined manner possible.....apple and ios does this in spades...

I do too. But as a consumer I se the merits for both. I use my phone for a lot...I mean a ton. So it's a very important thing for me. I use the phone, texting, camera, web surf, calendar for work, tons of apps and such. It may seem trivial, but it is one of my favorite toys if not thee favorite.

We don't have to make it a war although people do get defensive easily.

Apple works great if everything is Apple. Has a better camera than Samsung but Nokia has the best one in the market. But let's face it... low light shots are not the ones you'll frame even on pro DSLRs. Apple apps cost money but on Android everything's free. YOU CAN WATCH SERIES AND TV ONLINE!!!!!

I just love the feel of freedom with Android. Zero crashes and everything is fast. I've got a dozen movies on my phone. I operate it like a memory stick so 100% freedom. Even though my data is all legal I don't like someone tracking me which is what Apple is doing.

Apple is great and ofcourse more popular in the US since you value your own products the way you do. My brother is all into the Apple thing and he's always asking me why I'm on PC and not MAC since I'm a musician. My answer is that Apple will become Skynet in 5 years and PC is the good Terminator that'll save humanity. :D

I do too. But as a consumer I se the merits for both. I use my phone for a lot...I mean a ton. So it's a very important thing for me. I use the phone, texting, camera, web surf, calendar for work, tons of apps and such. It may seem trivial, but it is one of my favorite toys if not thee favorite.

i use it for all that as well, i just like the way ios does things better. it may be overly simplified but i prefer that in a device like an iphone....even with all the various tasks i use it for.

I love how Apple made things difficult to rip off for Android in iOS7. Google will have a heck of a time implementing scrolling at 60fps under a translucent background, simply because 95% of Android phones sold suck ass and can't handle the graphics necessary, Android's graphics stack is not as sophisticated, and it is further away from bare metal. Heck, compared to iPhone, even the highest end Android phones have choppy scrolling, and that's without translucency. So Apple forces Android into the "least common denominator" situation while also making its OS much nicer. That's smart. Another such thing they did is they selected a bright theme for iOS7. Android can't do it, because a lot of Android phones use AMOLED, which takes dramatically more energy to display bright colors, especially white, and the battery life on most Android phones is pretty bad as it is. Apple uses IPS for which the color shown does not affect the battery usage.

Reactions: jon
Damn, I did not know that.
I think both have pros and cons. I like my android phone cause I have more freedom there to do what I want.
I forgot to mention that I have an ipad which I love. I can buy magazines cheaply and check mails/forums faster than on the computer.

I have an iPhone 5 and an HTC One. Apple's UI design experience make iOS is a better experience out of the box IMO. Android is more customizable with widgets and custom launchers to replace to core UI. Frankly Android needs customization because UI design is not one of Google's strengths.

I always see people say android is customizable and I can do what I want vs iOS. Can someone explain to me what exactly you can do?

Reactions: jon
I love how Apple made things difficult to rip off for Android in iOS7. Google will have a heck of a time implementing scrolling at 60fps under a translucent background, simply because 95% of Android phones sold suck ass and can't handle the graphics necessary, Android's graphics stack is not as sophisticated, and it is further away from bare metal. Heck, compared to iPhone, even the highest end Android phones have choppy scrolling, and that's without translucency. So Apple forces Android into the "least common denominator" situation while also making its OS much nicer. That's smart. Another such thing they did is they selected a bright theme for iOS7. Android can't do it, because a lot of Android phones use AMOLED, which takes dramatically more energy to display bright colors, especially white, and the battery life on most Android phones is pretty bad as it is. Apple uses IPS for which the color shown does not affect the battery usage.

I love how Apple guys diss Android by comparing iPhone to phones that are not it the same price range. Also always talking about Samsung copying Apple when Apple copies Nokia just as much. I don't want or need to turn people to using the same phone I use. I just think people should try them out and stop listening to the hype from both Apple and Samsung. I used Apple up until last new years and felt stupid for never even trying Samsung. Apple and Android are religions nowadays. ..

I love how Apple guys diss Android by comparing iPhone to phones that are not it the same price range. Also always talking about Samsung copying Apple when Apple copies Nokia just as much. I don't want or need to turn people to using the same phone I use. I just think people should try them out and stop listening to the hype from both Apple and Samsung. I used Apple up until last new years and felt stupid for never even trying Samsung. Apple and Android are religions nowadays. ..

This is what Android would have looked like if there was no iPhone: http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/prototype-android.jpg. It initially was a Blackberry rip-off.

Sure.. and without Nokia the iPhone screen wouldn't turn when you flip the phone to it's side among many other features. Apple made the first usable touch screen for sure but not the first touch screen. Everyone is ripping off everyone. Apple and US pride is just making it seem like Apple came up with everything.

Even though a phone has been ripped off doesn't make it a bad phone.

It's exactly the same thing as tone matching vs Kemper and Kemper's custom IRs.

Meh, I think Apple gets into new markets to make improvements and move tech along. Android was a move solely for market share.

Back
Top Bottom