iPhone deleting characters by itself

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
My wife says her iPhone sometimes delete charters in a message or whatever that she's typing, by itself, when she's not doing anything.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

My guess is it's some kind of pilot error, but if she's really not doing anything when it happens, it's hard to understand what it might be.

My wife says her iPhone sometimes delete charters in a message or whatever that she's typing, by itself, when she's not doing anything.

Does that ring any bells with anyone?

My guess is it's some kind of pilot error, but if she's really not doing anything when it happens, it's hard to understand what it might be.
You mean like in your first sentence where it says "delete charters" ?? :D

(sorry, I couldn't resist...)

I would look under Settings, and auto-type, for entries to the short-text list. Basically, you can add a phrase here that can be typed with a shortened number of characters. Like, you start typing "WRY" and it fills in "Where Are You?" if you have that setup to do that.

My daughter decided to have some fun and set up several on my phone without me knowing. Everytime I would type the word "beer" it would change it to "Sponge Bob". And several others. I thought my iPhone was going crazy, and then I figured out what she had done.

I don't like the way it auto-corrects the last word when you click to send a text message. Many times I type a quick "np" for "no problem" that it changes to "No" then sends the message ... grrrr

I don't like the way it auto-corrects the last word when you click to send a text message. Many times I type a quick "np" for "no problem" that it changes to "No" then sends the message ... grrrr
For whatever reason, my phone does not seem to have autocorrect or predictive text. :)

This is why I stick with the Droid and why I always disable auto-correct. Isaac Arthur's rule for artificial intelligence applies just as much for smart phones or computers. Keep it stupid, keep it dumb, or else you'll end up under your iPhone's thumb.

Back
Top Bottom