Iphone 7 Killing the Headphone Jack

Easy folks.

Seems Apple is the new Dumble.

Regardless, the way of the world will be wireless as we go along...IoT and all those pretty acronyms. You may not like it, but there it is. I fail to see a problem if they supplied an adapter. As far as Apple hatery, charge on with that. The bottom line there is they make the best phone consistently. Yes, there are off years where it is NOT the *best* phone, but relying on numbers (i.e. Samsung sells more phones, etc) is really about that they offer a higher range of phones.

Apple offers interoperability that doesn't exist in most ecosystems. Some like it, some don't. I happen to like it from the standpoint of I don't have to fuss around with getting things to talk to each other (I do that enough in my job as it is..) I get text's on 4 different devices, so no matter where I'm looking at something, I can answer (or more likely ignore...) I spent too many years working with WindowZ trying to get this driver to work, get the display driver from the OEM not from the vendor who installed the bloated OS...you get the idea. Mind you I don't hate Windows, or Droid, whatever, there has been great work done there, but Apple works best for me.

The dedicated headphone jack ON PHONES is going away. It will take years for it to happen completely, but it will. It will exist for more static devices like your laptop/desktop maybe fondleslabs...at least until you can get the same fidelity wirelessly as you do through that wire.

Lastly, I don't believe this is a shameless money grab (the adapter, remember?) It's Apple doing what they do, and innovate in a way that makes folks uncomfortable for a time, then they settle down and find that, hey, this actually is pretty good (kind of sounds like FW upgrades here...'It broke all my presets!', then 2 weeks later 'Yeah, once I figured out what to tweak it's better than ever') I have not been thrilled with many things Apple has done, but overall my satisfaction with them is far higher than any other technology company who's name isn't Fractal Audio.

But I really don't understand the emotion behind this. Like everything, no one is FORCED to go one way or another... Don't like it? Don't buy.

Back
Top Bottom