Iphone 12 pro max and the "Turn Volume Down" BS that they mandate you see.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
There is a setting inside that says "Headphone Safety" and states a button to select if you want to reduce loud sounds(maybe reduce highest for children), which is totally cool and great. Problem is when you don't select this, the warning will still pop up! So annoying! Sometimes it STILL reduces that volume like it is possessed! WHY Apple?

Annoying enough that THEY dictate the overall max volume on all my AirPod Pros(I believe their 10 is not very robust). But this warning is a constant interruption within workouts and is annoying, to say the least. Am I the only one?

Last edited:
yah, its a bit nanny isn't it? I think apple should let us scan our drivers license with a face scan and give them our SSN so we can bypass the audio safety feature, right? Or you can buy a 3rd party bt hp/speaks and crank it up with out Tim C babysitting our listening habits...

All my old Samsung phones had a similar warning. My current LG one just shows that part of the bar in red.

I never use earphones. I use a Bluetooth adaptor into any of the various playback speakers, be it the car stereo or a powered speaker in the house. They all have volume controls, and sound best when the phone's volume is a notch below full up....

Reactions: jon
All my old Samsung phones had a similar warning. My current LG one just shows that part of the bar in red.

I never use earphones. I use a Bluetooth adaptor into any of the various playback speakers, be it the car stereo or a powered speaker in the house. They all have volume controls, and sound best when the phone's volume is a notch below full up....
Exactly my use cases and observations!

All my Samsung phones do it too and it's annoying, and I wish there was a way to leave it on the last setting....everytime it reconnects I have to do the same dance...

As a manufacturer if you want to be that nanny about phone volumes, then don't make them go that hard!

I always have to turn up my phone to full into the gym stereo in zumba or gym class, or I get complaints that people want it louder. On my own headphone I am quite content to never turn the volume up past 3/5th. How people can handle it at full volume is a mystery to me.

Back
Top Bottom