IPads and Tablets

Is anyone using an Ipad or other tablet with Axe Edit?

Any preferences? Any issues?

I use a small 8" Winbook Tw801 (full Windows 8.1 OS). I keep in my gig bag just for Axe-Edit, and it works perfectly. I've had it for a few months now. I paid about $180 at Micro Center.

I see them Amazon for $175 now, not a bad at all considering I can use it for so much more than just Axe-Edit...
http://www.amazon.com/WinBook-Winbo...&qid=1417181031&sr=8-1&keywords=winbook+tw801

Last edited:
I have an ipad mini retina. There is no AE version for tablets.
Can you explain how you use your tablets. The link in ThegearPage in an old one.

What are the solutions that work well today ? and how to set up ?

thank you all guys.

Can you explain how you use your tablets. The link in ThegearPage in an old one.

thank you all guys.

Hi, With a Windows tablet (such as the Surface Pro) you are running full Axe Edit (Windows version) and connected via USB just like you computer.

Thanks,
D

thank you all guys.

There is no version for iPads, however, Windows (full OS) tablets will work fine with Axe-Edit.

The setup is simple... Install Axe-Edit like you would on a PC and connect via USB port. Just make sure whatever Windows tablet you choose has a USB port(s) (the pretty much all do , but it's good to be sure).

As I mentioned, I'm using a WinBook, but as dschaaf also mentioned, a Surface (Full OS) would work great too.

One of the reasons I vowed never to buy apple again. Sure their products are great, but they don't seem to care about making them compatible with the rest of the world.

[sic]not compatible with the rest of the world?

I seem to be able to fulfill all my computing needs with my Apple products.
Browse the Internet's web pages. Email others. Transfer files easily.
I can create/share and play back music and videos. (Most important).
I don't understand what you mean when you say they are not compatible with the rest of the world.

[sic]not compatible with the rest of the world?

I seem to be able to fulfill all my computing needs with my Apple products.
Browse the Internet's web pages. Email others. Transfer files easily.
I can create/share and play back music and videos. (Most important).
I don't understand what you mean when you say they are not compatible with the rest of the world.
Take a second and read the thread.[emoji102]

Back
Top Bottom