iPad with Peterson tuner set up

I want to use an iPad set up with a peterson tuner app to run through my axe 3. I'm wondering if there is a way to always have my dry single routed to the iPad so regardless of what's going on in the axe I will have my tuner available.

If you connect the iPad to an audio output and send your dry signal to that output in addition to sending it through your FX, amp(s), and cab(s) it should work.

So, I have my ipad connected to the axe fx 3 via a yamaha BT101 blue toothe connector. It communicates fine for fracpad but doesn't with the peterson tuner app. Does this mean I need a hard wire going to the ipad for the tuner? Sorry for the dumb questions. The technology is great, just comes with a steep learning curve.

I think you need to have one of those custom TSSR style 1/8"th mini plugs for the Peterson app to be to receive the incoming audio signal. I've got one where the other end is a 1/4th" female, and I can plug my guitar cable right into it. Works really well

I thought about using the app with an old iPad, or iPhone (built in a rack case) but actually found the tuner in the III works really good on its own, super stable and accurate, easy to read etc, so I kind of scrapped the idea, though it is a cool app.

So, I have my ipad connected to the axe fx 3 via a yamaha BT101 blue toothe connector. It communicates fine for fracpad but doesn't with the peterson tuner app. Does this mean I need a hard wire going to the ipad for the tuner? Sorry for the dumb questions. The technology is great, just comes with a steep learning curve.
That is a midi adapter... No audio goes through there, so your tuner will get no input.

You can use a Lightning to USB B cable to connect the two devices and send audio, but I think you're only going to get Output 1 to the iPad that way. I haven't been able to get any other output working.

Ok, so once I get the special adapter I assume I'll hook it up from output 3 to the iPad. How will I then get it to always send a dry signal to the iPad. Do I have to create an out3 in every patch or is there a global way to send the signal?

Back
Top Bottom