• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

iPad as MIDI controller help needed.

mwd

Power User
I control lights, Axe, fog, X32 mixer via Macbook with a program called Showbuddy. It fires program change via a Mio USB to MIDI DIN cables. I am experiementing with my older iPad. It has the 30 pin connector. I used TouchOSC to make a couple pages of buttons to simply trigger the presets on these devices. Axe, X32, DMXIS and VoiceLive 2.

I am having fits trying to get the iPad to get these messages to these devices. I tried TouchOSC Bridge and via a MIDI Monitor I could see the Touch app fire the messages. I also tried the MIDI studio functions on both my iMac and Macbook and neither would connect to the iPad. My patches aren't changing. Also... is it possible to have 2 devices simultaneously sending MIDI messages? I want Showbuddy to be my automatic controller and iPad to be a manual controller.

Any guidance available would be greatly appreciated.

Callan

Experienced
Do you see your midi messages go out of the USB MIDI device? Can you set a midi output in the bridge?
In midi monitor, spy on the output, one at a time.

I use midi over wifi to my Mac from an Android tablet, so not the same but close. I had to go through a few steps to get ax8, DMXIS, bandhelper integration going from my tablet.

mwd

Power User
I don't think the messages are leaving my iMac but I will test the interface directly with my MIDI tester. Thanks

Top Bottom