iPad app for charts?

iaresee

Administrator
Forumites, what's the current hotness for iPad Pro apps for charts? Ideally I'd like an app I can make clean charts on with a markup language but also do free hand annotations on the charts with the Apple Pen on the spot as we're rehearsing.

Does OnSong support pen annotations? It seems to be the most popular app for this in the store.

Any others I should consider?

Thanks!

OnSong is my favorite I’ve tried so far. I’m not sure about pen use but it does seem more complete than the others I’ve seen, although it does have its quirks at times.

I remember it having sticky notes but never used them, you can also purchase the console add on and edit from a computer even though it’s a little annoying to connect to.

Wait, does OnSong not include all features for $30? That video says drawing is an IAP. That's...ugh.

I use Logic to make "fancy" charts and then use ForScore on my iPad. That works fantastically. But for quick and dirty charts with no notation, I use iRealPro. I then export the chart to PDF and use it in Forscore along my "good" charts. I realPro is nice because I can transpose on the fly and make corrections extremely fast. Logic is nice because the charts are totally professional.Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 3.13.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 1.49.20 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 1.49.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 1.49.20 PM.png
    317.9 KB · Views: 35
I forgot to answer your main question, ForScore supports annotations and you can share the chart with annotations over bluetooth.
You can type annotations or freehand them. You can also zoom in while doing annotations with your finger. Undo, markup with colors (useful for repeats or Segnos that are hard to see, markup in white to erase useless clutter, etc.
I use this with a bluetooth pedal to flip pages.

Back
Top Bottom