IOS 11....still no dark mode???? WTF Apple???!?!??!?!??!??!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Why is this such a gaping piece missing from Apple. It seems so easy to implement! That and keyboard that allows numbers on top row! Unreal...they add all this BS and don't give us what Android has had forever!

what is "dark mode"? also you can install other keyboards to replace the original.

what is "dark mode"? also you can install other keyboards to replace the original.
Yes you can replace keyboards, but none allow numbers on top row. Also 3rd party keyboards can't also use talk to text. Annoying.

I use Swype....it's not allowed. G board must be the only other keyboard that has the apple talk to text.
Google implemented their own speech-to-text protocol and shipped it with GBoard. Third party keyboards still can't access the native, Siri-based, talk-to-text APIs that the native keyboard uses.

What do you think Dark Mode is then? Easier to discuss something if we're not talking across each other.

Dark mode is not night shift. Night shift just makes the whites look yellowish. Dark mode makes the phone and text messaging invert the white for black and black for white. I hate that the messaging is blindingly white with black letters. Dark mode....which has been on Android forever, allows the choice.

Invert + 180° Hue Shift

This is actually how Axe-Edit came to look like it does... it was white when I first designed it!

But $350 for a speaker integration unit. Woo. I was kind of excited about it until they're asking 3 times the competitors...that sound better be STELLAR.

I'm an Apple guy too, so I'll whine about it for another 6 months...then buy one.

Reactions: yek
But $350 for a speaker integration unit. Woo. I was kind of excited about it until they're asking 3 times the competitors...that sound better be STELLAR.

I'm an Apple guy too, so I'll whine about it for another 6 months...then buy one.
yeah that price is way too high, even for apple. and the buzz right now is that it won't work with Spotify... that's a deal breaker for sure, though it's very early and not all info is known yet. my iPad pro has been excellent for the last year, and i don't see a reason to change it out to the new one. i'm mostly curious about the iPhone 8 or whatever it will be. blew the speaker on my 6s, and am NOT getting a 7 being so close to the 8's release!

So far, early reviews claim this is the best speaker of that segment to date, beating in sound, any other competitor.

One of the many reasons people had jailbroken their i Devices to gain control over things or add features apple wouldn't let you tweak. But that new iMac Pro! Where is my drool bucket.

Back
Top Bottom