IOS 11....still no dark mode???? WTF Apple???!?!??!?!??!??!

Smart Color invert

This feature is half baked. I have ios11 beta on phone and the invert isn't ready for prime time. My frustration is this has been available on Android forever and I don't know why Apple acts like it's this hard thing to implement. Same thing why don't they add numbers on top of keyboard?!?!? What do I know....I own everything Apple and these things that I would love and use daily are not really given much effort. Yes they spit out other cool things, but bread and butter should come first!

Typically, the problem with implementing this at an OS level will be apps that have always assumed a certain color scheme, and have used custom or explicit colors for their UI, rather than system defined colors. This happens more if the devs have gone in and customized the UI elements - sometimes using system colors correctly is tricky and sometimes people are just lazy. Because Apple sees themselves as an "experience" company, it wouldn't really do to have a setting that just makes a mess of the UI, which results in a lot of work.

Additionally, since all iOS devices are LCD based, dark mode increases battery consumption and I can see them balking for that reason alone.

Smart Invert we can manage using Siri command. Launch Siri on iPhone/ iPad and Say Enable Smart invert or Disable Smart invert for turn off.

Typically, the problem with implementing this at an OS level will be apps that have always assumed a certain color scheme, and have used custom or explicit colors for their UI, rather than system defined colors. This happens more if the devs have gone in and customized the UI elements - sometimes using system colors correctly is tricky and sometimes people are just lazy. Because Apple sees themselves as an "experience" company, it wouldn't really do to have a setting that just makes a mess of the UI, which results in a lot of work.

Additionally, since all iOS devices are LCD based, dark mode increases battery consumption and I can see them balking for that reason alone.

I don't mean every app....just texting and phone menu. Apple's stuff.

Back
Top Bottom