invite to buy fx8

This makes me sound like an asshole, but it's really not Fractal's problem if you need to sell your current gear to afford the FX8. If you get the invitation and can buy it, cool. If you can't, then you need more money at that point. This is a top-of-the-line product and you simply need to pay for it when your name is called.

I understand it, but it's like people get on the wait list and want a month, then 2 week, then 1 week notice for their invite to come in so they know exactly when to sell their gear. It's a wait list. When your name pops up you need to be ready. Units have been shipping out and not everyone who gets one reports it on the forum. So a lot of this guess work seems pointless since there are huge holes in the data.

If you stop checking the forum every few hours, go about your normal life and play the gear you currently have, I bet your invite will be sent out much faster than if you dwell on how you don't have it yet.

My take on this is a lot simpler; as a highly reputable company who announced the pedal a year ago and officially opened the waitlist on 3 Oct 2014, FAS owe it to those on the waitlist to say something, anything! The silence is unprofessional, poor business practice and just breeds malcontent and wild speculation amongst potential purchasers. I'm going to wait it out regardless, but I fully understand people's frustration.

I really hope that Fractal doesn't have the mentality some of you have.

It's not about if the product was pre-paid or not, which would make the situation even worse, for sure! But about customer service. A good company is that which provides good products, warranty and customer service/support. Obviously, there are other factors involved, but those would be the main ones in my opinion. And again, we're not asking for anything time consuming here. Just talk to your customers. Is that really much to ask? Communication is key in any type of relationship, even amongst a company's customers.

One last thing, please don't ask me to be patient if you already own an FX8. That's not nice :).

Just would like an idea of when I would get one that's all. I have around 130 presets that I need to move from my G System over to the FX8 - if it's going to be this year then I can put some time aside between gigs.

I don't think it's too much to ask.

Welcome surprise to get an invite to purchase this afternoon via email. Got on the wait list the morning of the 2nd day.

Welcome surprise to get an invite to purchase this afternoon via email. Got on the wait list the morning of the 2nd day.

Same here. Morning of the second day. Just got my invitation this afternoon.

I'm debating whether to buy.... I know I'll be buying the AX8 and am hoping the AX8 will also work well using the 4-cable method with an amp. Playing with an amp is secondary for me these days so I really don't need both the AX8 and FX8.

Great! I believe you're the first who signed up the 2nd day - to announce receiving an invite. I signed up on day 3. Congrats.

Woo-hoo! Got my invite today… was actually checking email waiting in traffic on the way home from work this evening. I got on the wait list about 12:30 EST on 10/04/14.

Now, should I start a thread on driver safety vs. rushing home to get on-line to order? :)

Looks like the ball is rolling again, I signed afternoon of second day, received invite this morning.
I had decided to wait, however when the invite came in I just had to pull the trigger.

Mine just arrived. To those of you still waiting, it's worth the wait.

I started out with an Ultra and then moved to the II when it was released, so I knew what to expect. I've only played it for about 15 minutes, but so far it exceeds my expectations. I'm playing through a Friedman Dirty Shirley using the four-cable method. It's dead quiet even without humbuster cables. No tone suck, I hear no difference when True Bypass is engaged. Mods, delays, reverbs etc sound like their Axe counterparts. I sold my II before the drives were G3'd and wasn't particularly impressed by the pre-G3 models. Holy crap these sound good now! Seems to be built very solidly and I like the silent switches. Very happy so far, can't wait to spend more time with it this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom