invite to buy fx8

I just found my invite for the FX8 in my junk folder.

I also just emailed FAS to release my place in line to the next person on the list as I am going to wait it out for the AX8, so hopefully one of you will be getting an invite soon. :)

My 2 cents- FAS is one of the best companies on the planet, period. Their method of "invite/waitlist buying" is more than fair, and I have used and appreciated it for over 6 years as a customer (one Ultra, one MFC, one II & two XLs so far). There are no "fishy conspiracies" happening, just a company trying to make buying limited quantity products as fair as possible.

Oh, and before someone screams about me not just turning over my invite to them here on the forum, understand that the invites are not "shareable"- each order placed is checked against the list. Remember, young grasshoppers, patience is a virtue, your place in line will come when it's supposed to...

Well, thank you for passing up your place to the next person. That is very decent of you :).

BTW, what date did you get placed on the list?

Within the first few days, I don't remember exactly. The invite was sitting in my junk folder since early May, though. I need to peek in there more often, apparently.

Believe me, I don't have all day to sit on my keyboard either. The FAS way wouldn't be as frustrating if only they had a much shorter time frame for people to buy the item (i.e. one week rather than whenever the item is available at their store). That would make their method better than the traditional way.
No worries. They're not going to stockpile dozens of unclaimed units.

Well, the thread I speak of was actually closed by FAS due to "Conjecture and misinformation". There were no nasty comments there...
That's rare, but understandable in that case. Speculation about pricing, and shipment totals based on a few forum posts...that stuff leaks out to the Interwebs in a hurry, and quickly becomes "truth." The blow-back can be ugly.

No worries. They're not going to stockpile dozens of unclaimed units.

Good to know!

That's rare, but understandable in that case. Speculation about pricing, and shipment totals based on a few forum posts...that stuff leaks out to the Interwebs in a hurry, and quickly becomes "truth." The blow-back can be ugly.

The point is, we only have each other to gauge the waiting list's progress and that is prone to misinformation since it's incomplete information. FAS has this great forum, why not communicate with us instead of closing the thread? And I mean that in a respectful manner, of course.

The point is, we only have each other to gauge the waiting list's progress and that is prone to misinformation since it's incomplete information. FAS has this great forum, why not communicate with us instead of closing the thread? And I mean that in a respectful manner, of course.
I get what you're saying. It would be nice to know. But then, what would that buy us? They can't give a solid schedule of sales, because that depends on shipment delays, how many people respond to the invitations, and a bunch of other stuff that FAS can't control. They could say how many they hope to receive and when, then guess as to the other stuff, but that would leave us in the same boat: more speculation, with people posting guesses about when they'll get theirs. And if anything unforeseen happens, they'll get, "You said X, and it didn't happen! Something's fishy!"

And it wouldn't change anyone's life at all. No one would get their FX8 any faster or any more fairly.

FAS already tells their customers more than the other guys do. They told us, "Some units are being expedited, some are coming by boat." Try getting that level of communication out of Roland, Line6, or anyone else. Take a breath, my brother—pick up your guitar, and enjoy. Even if Fractal opened their books to us, you wouldn't get your FX8 a day sooner.

Rex,

I don't expect FAS to do anything remotely as intricate as what you are suggesting. Just stating where in the invite list we are (and I mean "we" as a whole) is enough for me (i.e. We're sending invites from October 4th, 2014 today). At least we aren't left completely in the dark with that method. The way it is now is similar to a utility company not giving you a time frame for an appointment.

BTW, the reason why those companies you mentioned don't have to deal with customers constantly asking about a product is because they simply release it and they make plenty for everyone. Not bashing on FAS. Just stating my observations. In any case, I guess I'll try to forget about the FX8 for a while. Peace!

Yeah, that would be simpler. But it wouldn't end the speculation, assumptions and grumbling as people tried to figure out what that means in terms of when they'd get theirs or how many have been shipped. :)

Yeah, that would be simpler. But it wouldn't end the speculation, assumptions and grumbling as people tried to figure out what that means in terms of when they'd get theirs or how many have been shipped. :)

All I would like to know is if I'm getting one in a week, in a month, in a year? We have all been waiting an absurd amount of time for this thing. We have done our part by waiting with our cash in hand and want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but where is FAS? I, for one, am tired of waiting and seriously considering just sticking with my Eventide/Strymon stuff.

The last we heard was May 12th:

Invites have been going out. None went today but some will go tomorrow or Wednesday.

So by doing that and then not following up with something like that at least weekly is like cutting us off from the news....

I parked my cash along time ago and have no problem waiting patiently. Take a step back, relax and remember good things come to those who wait!

I parked my cash along time ago and have no problem waiting patiently. Take a step back, relax and remember good things come to those who wait!

I've done the same, but you have to remember that not everyone can do that.

Anyway, I see that I am not alone in the sentiment that FAS should at least gives us some kind of regular update on the state of things. Hopefully, this is not a normal thing for them (constant postponing of product release date, followed by no information on when it will be available for everyone). Or is it?

I think some here just don't understand, this is not a pre-order situation , so we are only making a "promise to buy" aka zero down! A certain percentage on the wait list won't make a purchase and can just walk away. I can tell you first hand that a certain RJM product I purchased required full payment to be on the " Wait List ". FAS can take their sweet time it's their money & reputation on the line! Just my opinion and everyone has one!

I think some here just don't understand, this is not a pre-order situation , so we are only making a "promise to buy" aka zero down! A certain percentage on the wait list won't make a purchase and can just walk away. I can tell you first hand that a certain RJM product I purchased required full payment to be on the " Wait List ". FAS can take their sweet time it's their money & reputation on the line! Just my opinion and everyone has one!

+1

There are some who don't understand that many of us aren't criticizing how much time it takes Fractal to make the product...sweet time...long time....next day air time...etc.

What we are talking about is why not continue their initial effort to be helpfully informative regarding the roll out of invitations to order.

I'm a bit of a Fractal fan and so have been checking this forum about 4 times a day everyday hoping to see fresh news.
I would enjoy not feeling compelled to do so and if someone from Fractal posted 'No invitations likely to go out before next Wed.'....or ... 'The parts cleared customs yesterday so full scale production is going to begin within a week...'...etc. then that would be helpful.

that's all, no big deal. I don't want to be the kid who keeps asking 'Are we there yet' but the sudden silence from the driver seat has me wondering where are we?

If an invite arrived today, all would be hunky-dory. I’ve already purchased an EV-1 expression pedal and Humbuster cables in anticipation. However, to state the obvious, no amount of wishing, stressing-out or expressing frustration will expedite the process.

I’ve not experience a previous rollout of a major FAS product. Perhaps, knowing past practices would be a good indicator. So, to those here that have, what was that like? Were units shipped in a steady drip-drip fashion, over a long period of time or…with a slow start followed by a sudden on-slot of many units?

Back
Top Bottom