invite to buy fx8

I got my wait list response on 10/3 at 4:38 pm central time and no invite yet but must be getting pretty close. Bad news is I have had the funds twice to buy it, but in the wait, have let the money slip out of my fingers, no self control or patience I guess. Bad for me, good for the next in line.

I got my wait list response on 10/3 at 4:38 pm central time and no invite yet but must be getting pretty close. Bad news is I have had the funds twice to buy it, but in the wait, have let the money slip out of my fingers, no self control or patience I guess. Bad for me, good for the next in line.

I'd throw a few bucks for the invite ;D

The invite is good until we have product in the store with no wait, at which point the link will re-direct you to the store home page instead.

With respect to invites, it appears things have slowed down a bit. The holiday could have interrupted production. We know there are two shipments – one by air and one by sea. I’m not familiar with FAS’s operating methods but the company hired to assemble the parts might be gearing-up for larger production (he dreamed).

I haven't seen any new invites come up either lately. I hope it keeps moving along at a decent pace. There doesn't seem to be any word from above except you'll get it when you get it...

I would guess that they must have inventory reserved for each invitation they send out. If someone doesn't use their invitation, the product sits on the shelf. I don't know if there is a default deadline where the reserved product goes back into inventory if not purchased, but a big factor in how this process moves along could simply be how fast people react to the invitations. We have no idea how many have been sent out, versus those redeemed or left unclaimed. Lots of conceivable variables in managing a pre-order list.

I haven't seen any new invites come up either lately. I hope it keeps moving along at a decent pace. There doesn't seem to be any word from above except you'll get it when you get it...

No, watching for the invite like most people on the list.

I would guess that they must have inventory reserved for each invitation they send out. If someone doesn't use their invitation, the product sits on the shelf. I don't know if there is a default deadline where the reserved product goes back into inventory if not purchased, but a big factor in how this process moves along could simply be how fast people react to the invitations. We have no idea how many have been sent out, versus those redeemed or left unclaimed. Lots of conceivable variables in managing a pre-order list.

From Admin M@ a few posts up: "The invite is good until we have product in the store with no wait, at which point the link will re-direct you to the store home page instead."

So it seems that there is no deadline. All those people dragging their feet and not declining/buying are screwing the rest of us who have cash in hand and want to fu@king buy. I have kept my cool up to this point, but this is absolute bullsh@t, bordering on insanity.

I don't want to speculate or spout misinformation at risk of this thread being shut down, but something seems REALLY fishy me.

I'm sure that FAS is doing everything they can with all this. BTW, I've got my Waitlist confirmation 10/4, 12:24PM EST… still checking my email everyday. I'm thinking Christmas in July perhaps?:)

Is there a reason why FAS uses the waiting list approach rather than the usual get it when it's available one? I agree with the above sentiment that this method is more frustrating to potential buyers that have the cash right now. And the radio silence doesn't help the cause.

At least give us some information about what's going on, FAS. Otherwise, all we have left is speculation, which leads to closed threads. Not to stir the pot, but it's amazing how we have all these technologies and ways to communicate these days, yet sometimes we get nothing from the companies we like. Ironic, really :).

Is there a reason why FAS uses the waiting list approach rather than the usual get it when it's available one? I agree with the above sentiment that this method is more frustrating to potential buyers that have the cash right now.
Your way is just as frustrating to potential buyers who don't have all day to sit on their F5 key.

At least give us some information about what's going on, FAS. Otherwise, all we have left is speculation, which leads to closed threads.
It's not speculation that leads to closed threads. It's nastiness.

Your way is just as frustrating to potential buyers who don't have all day to sit on their F5 key

Believe me, I don't have all day to sit on my keyboard either. The FAS way wouldn't be as frustrating if only they had a much shorter time frame for people to buy the item (i.e. one week rather than whenever the item is available at their store). That would make their method better than the traditional way.

It's not speculation that leads to closed threads. It's nastiness.

Well, the thread I speak of was actually closed by FAS due to "Conjecture and misinformation". There were no nasty comments there:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/fx8-discussion/100127-week-may-18th-shipments.html

Back
Top Bottom