invite to buy fx8

I've wanted to ignore this thread but just can't resist wading in regardless. This is a general comment and is not directed at anybody in particular - it is not FAS's concern or responsibility to provide easy payment methods for potential purchasers, they are a business, not a charity. If someone cannot afford the thing in the first place, maybe they shouldn't contemplate buying it, and that goes for anything! Credit cards enable long-term payment if necessary, I dont understand the PayPal debate. FAS are a manufacturer, not a credit facility/bank!

Either people with new invites are being silent about it or they have run out of stock already. Has anyone received an invite today that would care to share when you signed up for the waitlist?

Sent my email on 10/3/14 at 4:03pm (Central Time). Got my confirmation email on 10/3/14 at 4:04pm. Still no email as far as my turn to order being up yet. I'm guessing round 1 may be tapped out already.

When people sent the email to join the waiting list, was there an email from Fractal acknowledging that they were on the wait list? ?

Yes. We've had an auto-reply on official waitlist signup emails since November, 2011. If you did NOT get an acknowledgement email, this does not mean you're not on the list, however, because your junk mail filter may have prevented us from emailing you. I have confirmed time and again that our auto-reply and waitlist invitations do not trigger any major spam filters, but if you have trained your system to be more aggressive it is always possible you're not hearing back from us. A related problem with this is that it will also stop your invitation from reaching you. I would therefore advise everyone to whitelist us or specifically filter all mail from any @fractalaudio.com address to keep it out of the spam.

Reactions: sam
We're only one day into FX8 shipping...

Here's what Cliff said 4 days ago:
Any day now. The initial shipments will be limited. As explained earlier we were unable to achieve the desired level of quality using overseas manufacturing so we moved everything to the US. To save costs the majority of the parts were shipped by boat. A small portion were shipped by air so that we would have units to sell while waiting for the boat shipment.

I'd guess that the number of invites sent in the first batch matches the number of FX8 units ready to go (made from the parts that were air shipped). That way, if every invitee ordered one, they'll all be happy.

But they WON'T all order, and certainly not immediately. A few guys (like me) order right away, but others could take days just to check their email, while others need time to think about it or acquire the funds. Some will decide to pass, but won't bother informing Fractal.

Bottom line, they need a certain amount of time to determine how many takers on their first batch of invites. Once they have a good idea, they'll send out more invites, even if they don't get additional inventory.

Reactions: sam
So it looks like 10/3/14 around Noon is the cutoff for the first batch? Any others getting their invites? I'd love to know when that boat is arriving...:encouragement:

So it looks like 10/3/14 around Noon is the cutoff for the first batch? Any others getting their invites? I'd love to know when that boat is arriving...:encouragement:

So I guess the rest of us are waiting on the proverbial 'slow boat from China'.
I guess I'll add checking maritime weather reports to my incessant email refreshing...Lol!

Which port Cliff, east coast or west? If some Somali pirate gets my FX-8 there's going to be hell to pay!

Well now after seeing a couple of them actually in consumer's hands, I'm really super excited about getting one. Any idea at all when that boat will arrive????? A few days, a week, or more like a month???

I'm gonna guess that since I screwed up and didn't get registered for the waiting list until January that it'll be a couple more days until mine is ready...
:-(
:'(

I'm gonna guess that since I screwed up and didn't get registered for the waiting list until January that it'll be a couple more days until mine is ready...
:-(
:'(

I got on the waitlist midway through November. If it's a couple of more days, I'd be thrilled, but I'm thinking it will be much longer than that. I'm not expecting an invite for probably another few weeks.

I got on the waitlist midway through November. If it's a couple of more days, I'd be thrilled, but I'm thinking it will be much longer than that. I'm not expecting an invite for probably another few weeks.

Agreed...
I was joking, anyway.
I'll be surprised if mine comes before July.

Ready to blow up my GSystem

I got on the list in mid Feb so I'm mentally prepared to wait a few more months. My wife keeps asking me about the money that I set aside for it. I suspect that she's got some plans brewing in her clever little mind. It's gonna be a tight race between Fractal and my wife. :)

Back
Top Bottom