invite to buy fx8

Arrghhh! I have money burning a hole in my pocket... But I don't need the Fx8!!! I try to justify pulling the trigger but just can't! I'll wait for the Ax8 that I can justify as "backup"!

Well, I'm slightly disappointed but still hopeful an invite comes soon...as least, I can focus on reading the manual for now.

Sun 10/5/2014 1:56 PM

I got a response to my wait list on 10/3 at 6:57 pm central standard time. So we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When people sent the email to join the waiting list, was there an email from fractal acknowledging that they were on the wait list? I remember adding my name to the wait list a long time ago, but I don't believe I received an email after.

Well, if they still aren't even through the people that signed up on the same day that the FX8 was announced, I don't plan on seeing an invite to buy for a LONG time. (Signed up 11/16/14).

Agony!!!!!

If they don't take Paypal, I'm out. That's disappointing. What decade are we in?

We are in a decade that provides a gazillion ways to pay electronically. For instance, you could use a Paypal Debit MasterCard. And as shocking as it may seem, some of the largest sites in the world do not accept PayPal - Amazon, for example.

Really?! There's other ways to pay online? Wow, how eye opening. Amazon doesn't take it because they are competitors with eBay. However, they may soon start since Paypal and eBay have split. http://www.retailsolutionsonline.com/doc/amazon-may-soon-accept-paypal-0001 Since thousands and thousands of retailers use it to the tune of almost 12 million transactions a day, it's far more unusual for Fractal to not use it. Anyway, the point of using Paypal is, I could purchase the FX8, have 6-12 months to pay for it, and decide if I wanted to sell off my gear during that time to pay for it, or instead, dump the FX8.

Last edited:
Having a preferred payment method is not entitlement. He must said it was disappointing and was not bashing anyone for it. It is a bit strange they don't accept it, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

Having a preferred payment method is not entitlement. He must said it was disappointing and was not bashing anyone for it. It is a bit strange they don't accept it, but I'm sure they have their reasons.

PayPal costs merchants more, simple as that. It's the first choice for Ebay sellers and small-time online sellers because it's so easy to start accepting payment, but it's hardly the most cost effective for larger operations.

The need to publicly announce that he 'wasn't going to buy it because they don't support his preferred payment option' is beyond simply expressing disappointment, and what I see as exhibiting an entitlement mentality. Especially since his preference isn't the only option that allows him to delay payment which he stated is the basis of his reasoning.

I just see someone who had a plan and is frustrated and disappointed that he can no longer buy his fx8. And of course, in true fractal forum fashion, there is mean nonsense spewed at him. There are a few major offenders on this board that pounce on any opportunity to put down others. I think, as a new forum member, that shit needs to stop. We are all, presumably, adults here.

Sorry, didn't intend to be mean. More like tough love.
I see his reaction as a kid on the playground taking his ball and going home because the rules didn't suit him when there are plenty of other games going on that would. If I were to excuse his behavior would I be serving anyones best interests? There is more to being an adult than making friends...

I just see someone who had a plan and is frustrated and disappointed that he can no longer buy his fx8. And of course, in true fractal forum fashion, there is mean nonsense spewed at him. There are a few major offenders on this board that pounce on any opportunity to put down others. I think, as a new forum member, that shit needs to stop. We are all, presumably, adults here.

I hear what you're saying. And if his post had just stopped with "If they don't take Paypal, I'm out. That's disappointing." it'd be one thing - but ending your first post with a big of dig "What decade are we in?" doesn't seem like someone that is being too genuine.

Also, if your only means of paying for stuff online is Paypal then Fractal products are not the only things you can't buy online. I run into merchants all the time that do not take Paypal. Despite it's popularity, Paypal is nowhere near as broadly accepted as MC and Visa. Paypal knows this which is why they offer a MC.

Back
Top Bottom