invite to buy fx8 Europe

I feel obligated to speak up. This is not the universal experience of the users we have been receiving feedback from. The FX8 uses the exact same effects designed and implemented on the Axe FX. In addition, the FX8 was designed specifically for use with amplifiers in a 4CM configuration. I would encourage you to either purchase or construct some humbuster cables.

Ok. And Two customers (paulh123 and feliperigby) tell us the sound of their fx8 is different from their fx effects they used before. I am surprised the use of humbuster cables should help here. Do these cables "correct" tone or suppress hum or do both?

Ok. And Two customers (paulh123 and feliperigby) tell us the sound of their fx8 is different from their fx effects they used before. I am surprised the use of humbuster cables should help here. Do these cables "correct" tone or suppress hum or do both?

solve ground loop problems only.

Exactly my thinking. So why recommend humbuster cables against digital fizz?

The original poster said he was getting a lot of hiss/white noise. Most amps, particularly high gain amps, inject a fair bit of noise when running 4CM. Ground buzz is typically a component of that noise. In my experience, the humbusters do quite a bit to quiet it down. Your milage may vary.

I just got my invite to buy the fx8. I'm from germany, and signed up on November 2nd 2014.
... but I think I'll pass... the Helix just seems to offer more for the money. It'll deliver more than enough effects, and I'll have a backup if my Amp craps out.

German customer here, got my invite Sunday night. Answered on Monday, payed on Wednesday. Shipping at the end of next week as I'm on holidays. I subscribed on November 30 2014. And as usual: excellent service from g66! Can't speak for the sound yet, but this service definitely speaks for the fx8!

Swedish customer here. I signed on to the G66 waiting list on October-16-2014 and my invite came on July-19-2015.
The FX8 arrived on July-27-2015. I also bought a pair of Humbuster cables. A good investment since my Suhr Badger 35 can get quite noisy at higher gain settings. My latest purchase was the Mission Engineering EP-1. Works like a charm.
G66 provide excellent service and customer support IMO.

Back
Top Bottom