invite to buy fx8 Europe

Sonicsam

Inspired
Thought I start a new thread for us Euro-guys (and -girls ?).
I'm on the G66 waitlist since the 6th of October '15... anyone got an invite yet ?

Cheers,

Sonic

I got an email from Sussi over the weekend saying the first few units have arrived and more are on the way. I have my FX8 already as I bought it on ebay so my place will be up for grabs and the list and someone will get my place. Just waiting on the EV-1s now.

I got an email from Sussi over the weekend saying the first few units have arrived and more are on the way. I have my FX8 already as I bought it on ebay so my place will be up for grabs and the list and someone will get my place. Just waiting on the EV-1s now.

I am on the waiting list since 30th of Nov., but got informed I won't be served with the first batch as I was not one of the early movers. There was no word of "more are on the way", rather "we don't know when the next delivery" will arrive. Might be not so bad as I wanted to put it up against the helix which should arrive sometime in August.
Anyways, thanks for the new thread. Very helpful.

Email sent to Sussi in June 14 when FX8 was annonced. She has kindly kept my email to put me on the waiting list. I am hoping that mine will be on the first shipment...

And..... Email received from Sussi for an invite to buy the FX8. Bad timing I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks :miserable:

bump.
All quiet on the European front.
Did anyone here actually receive his fx8?
More invites"to be reported?

Hi,Saturday Sussi send me order confirmation and Yesterday i've made paymen. I'm waiting for news from g66...Maybe my fx8 will be the first in Italy? :D

i paid for mine yesterday so should be with me in the next few days.
im looking forward to getting it although some of the threads on here re cpu usage have me a little worried.i bought this to replace my g system and i dont want another product to have limitations and flaws like the g system does.

i paid for mine yesterday so should be with me in the next few days.
im looking forward to getting it although some of the threads on here re cpu usage have me a little worried.i bought this to replace my g system and i don't want another product to have limitations and flaws like the g system does.

The reverb on the unit is VERY cpu intensive. However, lowering echo density (evn on lowest setting it sounds wonderful) or utilizing the X/Y switching will take care of that. You can pretty much get over any CPU limitation with a little tweaking.

The reverb on the unit is VERY cpu intensive. However, lowering echo density (evn on lowest setting it sounds wonderful) or utilizing the X/Y switching will take care of that. You can pretty much get over any CPU limitation with a little tweaking.

I'm a bit worried too after reading the mentioned posts. But then again, could be a bug, could be something that works with workarounds... I just don't feel like tweaking too much as I was after simplification, not tweaks and what not. To be honest, I even hoped for using the fx8 pre loop for voice/mike (comp, eq, reverb) and the post loop for acoustic guitar (eq, comp, delay) when I do not gig with my rock band, but have to play acoustic stuff in a smaller setup. I wonder if the fx8 has enough horsepower to deal with that...

They only reason I hit a CPU wall was because I use a lot of reverb and delay... If you don't need two reverb and two delay blocks per preset you should be fine. I use a light reverb and then a really dense/long decay verb plus a light delay and massive multi delay. X/Y allows me to have all that and still have plenty of CPU for everything else.

Since I wouldn't be running those two verbs at the same time.. or those two delays at the same time.

Bump!

Any Germans here who received their invite or even received their fx8?
Looks like I will see a helix before an fx8, huh?

got mine today.spent around 8hrs with it already.
first impressions are good,unit is very user friendly,editor works great.
if im being critical to my ears the fx add a slight amount of high end almost like digital sharpness is the best way to describe it.when i owned an afx2 i remember the fx being really transparent and warm,the fx8 imho is less so.
also it is very noisy.i didnt use humbuster cables(but i will)but the amount of hiss/white noise added on any channel is too much and i hope humbusters will sort it.

if im being critical to my ears the fx add a slight amount of high end almost like digital sharpness is the best way to describe it.when i owned an afx2 i remember the fx being really transparent and warm,the fx8 imho is less so.
also it is very noisy.i didnt use humbuster cables(but i will)but the amount of hiss/white noise added on any channel is too much and i hope humbusters will sort it.

Hmm this is rather worrying. Not received mine yet but I thought the unit was meant to be transparent and preserve the tone of the guitar. Digital sharpness is Line 6 territory IMHO. I also thought it used the same fx as the axe. You sure some setting isn't hyping the high end somehow?

I feel obligated to speak up. This is not the universal experience of the users we have been receiving feedback from. The FX8 uses the exact same effects designed and implemented on the Axe FX. In addition, the FX8 was designed specifically for use with amplifiers in a 4CM configuration. I would encourage you to either purchase or construct some humbuster cables.

I have the axefx2 mark I and the fx8.
Before the fx8 I was using my bass amp and the axe as effects only.
I for sure with the fx8 I have to do some tweeks in the same effects/presets that I used on the axefx.
They were a bit "high gained" in the same configuration (axe vs fx8).
For me the 4CM configuration is useless because I only play bass no external pedals. Wireless -> fx8 -> bass amp...

Or I should use the 4cm? Will be any difference?

Back
Top Bottom