Invitation to Purchase XL

I'm a day late and a dollar short (way more than a dollar after buying my XL;)) as always. Anyway, I got added to the wait list on Feb. 23, got my invitation and ordered on April 23, and received my XL on April 25.

As long as I don't miss Mr UPS I'll have mine tonight! God I hope this thing lives up to the hype...very expensive experiment/gamble!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as I don't miss Mr UPS I'll have mine tonight! God I hope this thing lives up to the hype...very expensive experiment/gamble!!!

Just make sure you give it time. NOTHING with this much hype lives up to the crazy expectations a new buyer has in their head and you need some time to find presets that you like and work them to your sound. I made this same mistake of being having way too high of expectations, thinking initiallt that it's good but not as good as expected, then diving more deeply into everything before now thinking it's GREAT.

When you get it, just take a breath and give it a couple of weeks before making any judgement calls. :)

Nah. There's no gamble.
A. Fractal stands behind it's stuff. Last I heard you had 2 weeks to try it out and return it if you don't like it.
B. You could drop that thing on Ebay and sell it for what you paid for it in a day. Chances are you could make a couple hundred bucks on it. I just saw some on there north of 3k.
C. The thing is truly awesome. I don't think I've hit my 2 weeks yet, but mine will NOT be going anywhere, except with me to gigs!

P.S. - If you don't like it, I have a couple of really nice tube amps I'll make you a deal on... I don't think I'll be needing them anymore.
BTW... I'm also waiting for the brown truck today... my CLR active wedge is arriving in the next few hours!:eagerness:

And to add on to what Tones said...
For me it was an initial "hey this is pretty cool" as I spend hours playing with the factory presets. There are tons of really fun and amazing presets in there. Be sure to check out "Poltergeist Pig". It will have you laughing. I found myself playing new styles and riffs that I had never done before because the tones opened up gates for me. Sweet.

Then I had some issues... had a hiccup with a FW update... drove me nuts for a bit, but I got it resolved. Then I had some trouble figuring out how to get my expression pedals to work (through my Ground Control Pro). It just took patience, and some careful reading of the manual.. and last night I got it whooped. So awesome now. I downloaded a preset from Axe Exchange (I think it was from YEK) that simulates feedback with an expression pedal. Loads of fun in headphones at midnight! I feel like I am starting to figure this thing out a bit... but there is a learning curve to be sure. Have fun!

Just make sure you give it time. NOTHING with this much hype lives up to the crazy expectations a new buyer has in their head and you need some time to find presets that you like and work them to your sound. I made this same mistake of being having way too high of expectations, thinking initiallt that it's good but not as good as expected, then diving more deeply into everything before now thinking it's GREAT.

When you get it, just take a breath and give it a couple of weeks before making any judgement calls. :)

Yeah I hear ya...thanks! I'll be taking it slow (steep learning curve I'm sure) and I'll judging it on its merits alone!

And to add on to what Tones said...
For me it was an initial "hey this is pretty cool" as I spend hours playing with the factory presets. There are tons of really fun and amazing presets in there. Be sure to check out "Poltergeist Pig". It will have you laughing. I found myself playing new styles and riffs that I had never done before because the tones opened up gates for me. Sweet.

Then I had some issues... had a hiccup with a FW update... drove me nuts for a bit, but I got it resolved. Then I had some trouble figuring out how to get my expression pedals to work (through my Ground Control Pro). It just took patience, and some careful reading of the manual.. and last night I got it whooped. So awesome now. I downloaded a preset from Axe Exchange (I think it was from YEK) that simulates feedback with an expression pedal. Loads of fun in headphones at midnight! I feel like I am starting to figure this thing out a bit... but there is a learning curve to be sure. Have fun!

Ya see it's stories like THAT one that'll get me all psyched to just tinker, explore and have fun for a while before setting up presets to gig with!
Thanks man :)

I'm waiting for the next G66 European shipment from FAS! Aaaah!:fatigue:

G66 are telling me the next batch is early May & i'm the next inline, Aint that tomorrow?

Be Patient......... :eagerness:

Don't know if they allow this but......holy fuck......holy shit......holy fuckin shit!

The stock sound are amazing!
Just need to find more cleans :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. G66 Told me their next European shipment will be around the 10th May.

This is laughable, I bet all the long time AXE users see this all the time... people like us popping on hear all excited waiting for the notification to buy... Tiz an ongoing cycle.:eek:

This is laughable, I bet all the long time AXE users see this all the time... people like us popping on hear all excited waiting for the notification to buy... Tiz an ongoing cycle.:eek:

yeah they must crack up, but apparantly they still get the feeling when new firmware versions are realease, they seem to load them and feel like they just got a new product sometimes!

yeah they must crack up, but apparantly they still get the feeling when new firmware versions are realease, they seem to load them and feel like they just got a new product sometimes!

Nope, it's still cool! I'm pumped about getting my XL today, and I was pumped a few years ago when I got my Ultra. I was a little more concerned then since I had never heard one "in person". In the first 10 presets (at the time) there was a Boogie patch that just about nailed my carefully crafted Triaxis lead tone. Been sold on Cliff's black box ever since :)

Nope, it's still cool! I'm pumped about getting my XL today, and I was pumped a few years ago when I got my Ultra. I was a little more concerned then since I had never heard one "in person". In the first 10 presets (at the time) there was a Boogie patch that just about nailed my carefully crafted Triaxis lead tone. Been sold on Cliff's black box ever since :)

I don't know what the Ultra is like, but this XL is unbelievable...I think it helps that i got my CLR Neo Wedge last week so i could properly hear the stock tones. This is the first modeler i've ever liked...it's gonna be fun once i learn how to actually edit anything!

Back
Top Bottom