Invitation to Purchase XL

I don't agree. Price increase definitely lead ultimately to decrease sales. Even if you don't have enough units to fill demand currently you will get people who will NEVER buy at a higher price, so you ultimately losse all those customers. It's obviously a optimization calculation that has to be done, and that includes increased production possibilities to increase revenues. But that highlighted statement is not always true.

You can always run sales, just like they do at the mall. As JCPenny recently highlighted, everyday low prices might work for WalMart, but not many other businesses. The bargain hunters wait for the sales, others who want it now pay the normal higher price, it's the best of both worlds for the seller.

Don't you guys find it interesting that the FB pic sale and the ebay link both have the SAME ship from LOCATION... doesn't pass the smell test here.

Don't you guys find it interesting that the FB pic sale and the ebay link both have the SAME ship from LOCATION... doesn't pass the smell test here.

I didn't check the link until you mentioned it. Possibly they got 2 and sold em both at whatever the highest bidder paid? I was just browsing FB the other day and saw that, and when Cliff mentioned one sold so high, I posted the sale pic.

You can always run sales, just like they do at the mall. As JCPenny recently highlighted, everyday low prices might work for WalMart, but not many other businesses. The bargain hunters wait for the sales, others who want it now pay the normal higher price, it's the best of both worlds for the seller.

I don't think ANYONE is calling $2500 for a guitar modelers a "bargain", as good as it is. :)

I don't think ANYONE is calling $2500 for a guitar modelers a "bargain", as good as it is. :)

I will. The absolute best bargain I have ever had related to music gear. Just consider what one can do with that little black box and you just might change your mind. ( and I'm without one right now, just waiting on my XL invite )

Reactions: Ole
UPDATE: Mine shipped and is arriving on Monday next week. A couple of people wanted to know how long I waited. Placed the order on 2/20, got the notice on 4/16, delivery expected 4/21. So, just about 8 weeks on the button. Now I wish I had bought the MFC101MkIII when I had the chance, but it seemed dumb to have it sitting around waiting for the new brain. I'll reprogram my LG2 in the meantime and who knows, I might not "need"the MFC101 after all. Then my trusty old Ultra goes on the blocks.

Wait list price very reasonable

I will wait to come up on the waiting list, but interesting that someone is willing to pay that on ebay. There are always those who are very wealthy that will pay the premium. I wouldn't blame Fractal for selling a few "buy it now" units at a premium, but actually I think we are fortunate that the price isn't set by supply/demand and we are able to buy this processor at a very reasonable price if we are willing to wait.

I heard the regular AXE-FX II at a friends house and I am completely blown away. I think the wait list price is a bargain. I just hope it doesn't go up before my name comes up. I signed up today for the XL. Fingers crossed!

Getting a little worried that the mix up earlier this month removed me from the list, i got on it 2/26/14 and no invitation to purchase yet.
Anyone else past that date get their email to purchase yet?

Last edited:
Oh great news congrats NY Guitarist! Hopefully I'll be in one of their next couple batches then ;-)

Let us all know your first impressions when you get it?

RDH hopefully those crickets will change to some better sounds for us soon...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RDH
As an FYI for others waiting... I got on the XL wait list on 2/25 and received the invite today. The order went through without a hitch. Very happy. :D

A quick update for others on the wait list. I put my name on the list on February 23rd and received my invitation on April 22nd. Tracking says my XL will arrive on Tuesday.:)

two batch ahead I believe, hope if is one left... depending of the units per batch, someone know this? :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

If you guys entered the list on February and only got the invitation now, i don't even want to know when i'm getting mine :(, since i only entered the list last week.

If you guys entered the list on February and only got the invitation now, i don't even want to know when i'm getting mine :(, since i only entered the list last week.

It's really not too bad at all and looks as if the wait is about 60 days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom