Invitation to Purchase XL

Yeah, I got on the list on Feb. 27. I came back from lunch and saw the invite email too... WhoooHoo! (There was great joy!)

Then I saw the other email that said "We messed up and sent out too many invites". (there was wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and wringing of hands!).

By too many, I think they might mean everyone?

I got the same thing ,I got on around march first!

Starting to check email too frequently hoping they resend the invite today - gotta let it go...

Crikey!!!! It sold for $3519! I need to raise prices.

Probably sold to some country you don't deal with.

As for pricing, when you have a product that is constantly sold out, the market is telling you your price is too low. When I had my retail business I provide the best service, as evidenced by winning many awards, and I got paid for it, I was the most expensive option and unapologetic about it. In technology, the window is usually small, so you have to get it while you can, IMO.

I hope it stays at $2499, because I'd like to buy one at some point, but it's hard to argue with the idea of charging whatever the market will bear. Obviously the Axe-Fx has been a tremendous value all along.

Probably sold to some country you don't deal with.

As for pricing, when you have a product that is constantly sold out, the market is telling you your price is too low. When I had my retail business I provide the best service, as evidenced by winning many awards, and I got paid for it, I was the most expensive option and unapologetic about it. In technology, the window is usually small, so you have to get it while you can, IMO.

Or, there's the story of Curtis Mathes....

I don't agree. Price increase definitely lead ultimately to decrease sales. Even if you don't have enough units to fill demand currently you will get people who will NEVER buy at a higher price, so you ultimately losse all those customers. It's obviously a optimization calculation that has to be done, and that includes increased production possibilities to increase revenues. But that highlighted statement is not always true.

Back
Top Bottom