Wish "Invert" the Relay Control?

DanielB

Is there any way to "invert" the relay switch? I have one of my footswitches dedicated to control the relay on my Blackstar HT Club 40 Deluxe. However, when the amp is on the clean channel, the relay appears as "on" (shaded) and when on the drive channel, the relay appears as "off". I would like that to be the other way around.

Similarly, when switching to a different preset, the amp goes to overdrive channel, until I add a Relay block and turn on (which seems counter-intuitive to me). This is problematic and I don't want to have to change the relay settings on every single preset in the FX8.

Thanks!

Hi Alan, thanks. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Can a mod perhaps move this into the "FX8 Wish List" forum?

I have the exact same problem using my Ceriatone OTS amps....Relay On=Clean. It would be great if I could just reverse the indication on the FX8.

If you are soldering iron savvy, just make a custom cable by switching the wires on one side to your desired arrangement.

Fractal tech support says there's nothing you can do about that. Very strange given all the other incredible functionality. I agree...I now know when it's not shaded that I'm engaging my OD channel.

Fractal tech support says there's nothing you can do about that. Very strange given all the other incredible functionality. I agree...I now know when it's not shaded that I'm engaging my OD channel.

Argh... what's worse is that literally every other preset becomes completely unusable unless I manually go in and add relay control to every single preset, one by one... major oversight and serious disappointment. :(

Argh... what's worse is that literally every other preset becomes completely unusable unless I manually go in and add relay control to every single preset, one by one... major oversight and serious disappointment. :(
Sounds like a Wish List item. Post one!

it's how blackstar created the amp and switching. i'm having issues setting up someone with an HT100 version 1 head. the footswitch 1/4" port only turns on OD2 channel, which makes no sense. completely useless, forcing us to buy a converter for the 9 pin serial port cable.

i haven't used the ht40, but it seems to have similar weird choices in design.

I wonder why no one seems to be interested in the suggestion I posted above. How difficult would it be to invert one side of the relay cable so it matches your preferences?

Sounds like a Wish List item. Post one!

Hi Rex, I initially made this in the FX8 Discussion forum, and had it moved here. I never did add the little yellow "Wish" box, so I'll do it now. Thanks!

it's how blackstar created the amp and switching. i'm having issues setting up someone with an HT100 version 1 head. the footswitch 1/4" port only turns on OD2 channel, which makes no sense. completely useless, forcing us to buy a converter for the 9 pin serial port cable.

i haven't used the ht40, but it seems to have similar weird choices in design.

Interesting. Are there other manufacturers that do the same thing? Or is Blackstar a bit of an anomaly in this regard? I hadn't considered the full weight that this was a Blackstar issue, and not a FAS one...

I wonder why no one seems to be interested in the suggestion I posted above. How difficult would it be to invert one side of the relay cable so it matches your preferences?

I am interested! Your initial post asked if I was soldering iron savvy, and no, I am not. I would like to be. I currently have a lot of competing hobbies, haha.

Admittedly, soldering would be a good skill to have for most all of my pursuits. I even bought a soldering iron a few months ago, just haven't really got around to using it yet. Would you be willing to shed some more light on exactly what you're suggesting I do? Switch the wires on a TRS cable, basically? Sounds like a good beginner project. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom