Introduction thread

Hi everybody,
I thought Id join up to find out which Fractal unit would suit me best? I am amateur home only type of guitarist chasing that elusive tone.
Im based just outside of Newcastle upon Tyne in the north east of England, Ive messed about with guitars since pre teen years (im 56 now) and have always loved bands with dual harmony types of sounds. Thin Lizzy being a favorite.
Im off to read on everything to try to gain some info that will hopefully lead to ownership of something Fractal!

Hi everybody,
I thought Id join up to find out which Fractal unit would suit me best? I am amateur home only type of guitarist chasing that elusive tone.
Im based just outside of Newcastle upon Tyne in the north east of England, Ive messed about with guitars since pre teen years (im 56 now) and have always loved bands with dual harmony types of sounds. Thin Lizzy being a favorite.
Im off to read on everything to try to gain some info that will hopefully lead to ownership of something Fractal!

Welcome buddy! I’m just north of Newcastle (Ponteland) and been using fractal gear since the ultra days (10 years!). if I can help with any info, just yell.

Cheers! Sukh

Hi everybody,
I thought Id join up to find out which Fractal unit would suit me best? I am amateur home only type of guitarist 👁chasing that elusive tone.
Welcome, @Dixiethedog ! You’ve come to the right place for elusive tone chasing. Picture a music store stocked with just about every amp, Cab and effect you can think of, and you own the key to the store. :)

Welcome, @Dixiethedog ! You’ve come to the right place for elusive tone chasing. Picture a music store stocked with just about every amp, Cab and effect you can think of, and you own the key to the store. :)
Thank you Rex for your reply, all of the video reviews Ive seen all look amazing and Im eager to give something a try (I dont know the models yet!). The Fractal stuff is the first musical gear Ive been excited about for a long time. Im already enjoying the forum, it is the best place to be to learn about new sounds.

Welcome buddy! I’m just north of Newcastle (Ponteland) and been using fractal gear since the ultra days (10 years!). if I can help with any info, just yell.

Cheers! Sukh
Hi Sukh, its great to see somebody else local-ish on here. If it's ok with you once I get my head around things can I then come back to you to ask your thought's and opinions please? Ive never heard a unit in real life just online but Im excited to take the plunge and put my hand in my pocket and buy something!

Hi Sukh, its great to see somebody else local-ish on here. If it's ok with you once I get my head around things can I then come back to you to ask your thought's and opinions please? Ive never heard a unit in real life just online but Im excited to take the plunge and put my hand in my pocket and buy something!

For sure mate. I’m sure we could arrange for u to pop over for a beer or cuppa sometime if you want to have a play. Have fun!

For sure mate. I’m sure we could arrange for u to pop over for a beer or cuppa sometime if you want to have a play. Have fun!
WOW!! Id love to do that if it was ok with you! I cant believe the kindness being shared on here already!! Thank you. I have milk and one sugar but Id happily bring the choccy biscuits. lol

Hi all,

I am from Athens, Greece. I've always been a huge racks guy with a special fetish for 80's preamps. Since a few days I have an Axe Fx Ultra (2019, i know...) and already planning in getting rid of some gear. The only thing that is (still) safe is my prized Soldano X88r.
Anyway, nice to bee here and off for some reading!

Hi all,

I am from Athens, Greece. I've always been a huge racks guy with a special fetish for 80's preamps. Since a few days I have an Axe Fx Ultra (2019, i know...) and already planning in getting rid of some gear. The only thing that is (still) safe is my prized Soldano X88r.
Anyway, nice to bee here and off for some reading!
Welcome to the funhouse, @turrican !

You can do many wonderful things with the Ultra. I think you will enjoy the journey. :)

Hi , my name is Kris Mark Randall , currently in NYC. . I go by klaushouz, on most forums. I've been around Fractal since the Beginning with the ULTRA.. I have been lucky enough to work with a few heavy weights as a songwriter/player/singer.. Look up my song with Ace Frehley called "Rise Up Back From The Grave " You can hear the whole thing on Spotify. I used the Ax-Fx II for that. When not writing, I like to find new musical gear made in the USA from companies with less than 12 employees that really are unique. I help the forum get great deals and give the companies free press and move their stock. ..... I usually pick one company a year...I have one coming up on Fri 6:00PM, after Thanksgiving 2019...I don't ask or receive any money for doing it... I just like helping new American companies get a little extra cash to make the next generation of their product.. The one I am doing this Fri is of particular interest to me ... As I've had a problem in the last year being able to hold and/or palm my pick to fingerpick while playing due to a sports injury .. Glad to say this cool invention NOW allows me to Play/Shred/Fingerpick instantly with confidence again... .Priceless ....The deal will be>>> Buy any current model(there are 3) and get the 4th new model free..If you have this issue, Check back Fri at 6PM.. This forum rules!

Hello! My name is Rocky Kramer, I'm a Norwegian guitarist and songwriter based in Los Angeles. My debut album is called Firestorm and came out this year in August through Allied Artists Music Group. My main influences are Pink Floyd, Queen, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dream Theater, KISS and AC/DC. I've been using the Axe-Fx III since the end of last year, and started using the FC-12 as soon as I could get my hands on it (I was on the waiting list!) I forgot to sign up here last year, but I've been checking it regularly since then, since that there's a lot of wonderful information and tips about Fractal and associated products here. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your discoveries, good and bad, with everybody.

Hello! My name is Rocky Kramer, I'm a Norwegian guitarist and songwriter based in Los Angeles. My debut album is called Firestorm and came out this year in August through Allied Artists Music Group. My main influences are Pink Floyd, Queen, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dream Theater, KISS and AC/DC. I've been using the Axe-Fx III since the end of last year, and started using the FC-12 as soon as I could get my hands on it (I was on the waiting list!) I forgot to sign up here last year, but I've been checking it regularly since then, since that there's a lot of wonderful information and tips about Fractal and associated products here. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your discoveries, good and bad, with everybody.
Welcome, @RockyKramer ! Better late than never. :) Glad you joined us.

Hello!

I'm David, got a FX-II-XL since it's early days.

When not playing guitar, and got some time to spare I develop an online tool to create scale and chord charts.

Rock on!

Hello!

I'm David, got a FX-II-XL since it's early days.

When not playing guitar, and got some time to spare I develop an online tool to create scale and chord charts.

Rock on!
Welcome to the joint, @fretflip ! Sounds like you've got some Axe-Fx experience under your belt. Nice, ain't it? ;)

Good morning everyone,

While this isn’t my first post on the forum, I felt it better to start over fresh after last week’s ordeal. My AxeFX III is on schedule to delivered today between 2-6pm and I’m practically shaking with excitement. I’ve waited over 10 years to own a Fractal unit and have finally gotten myself in the position to buy something, this means more to me than owning a piece of gear. The loyalty of the customer base and the interaction Fractal has with the users is really endearing, as is the whole community coming together to help each other conceive our ideas and bring them to reality.

After 25 years of playing in original bands, a couple years ago I decided to step back and work on my own project. I play guitar, bass, drums and sing, pretty much with the same skill level across the board and my biggest issue playing in bands is that I had too many ideas to throw into the pot and felt I was being stifled in the process. I started to teach myself how to track and mix my own music with Logic Pro X and spent the last 2 years writing and recording my own tunes, which is somewhere along the lines of Alice In Chains meets Pantera at a party for Tool. David Gilmour is the reason I started playing guitar after seeing Floyd when I was 11 and still remains to be my #1 guitar hero, even though I went off on a Vai/Petrucci fanboy phase in my teen years. I have almost 20 songs demoed for my solo project and decided that I’m re-recording every guitar and bass part after getting my III as I was learning how to track/mix as I went along. I’m very much looking forward to banging this out and moving onto the next phase of putting a live band together based off those songs, where I’ll be assaulting South Florida with my Fractal rig in a live setting.

Looking forward to being a part of the community. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good morning everyone,

While this isn’t my first post on the forum, I felt it better to start over fresh after last week’s ordeal. My AxeFX III is on schedule to delivered today between 2-6pm and I’m practically shaking with excitement. I’ve waited over 10 years to own a Fractal unit and have finally gotten myself in the position to buy something, this means more to me than owning a piece of gear. The loyalty of the customer base and the interaction Fractal has with the users is really endearing, as is the whole community coming together to help each other conceive our ideas and bring them to reality.

After 25 years of playing in original bands, a couple years ago I decided to step back and work on my own project. I play guitar, bass, drums and sing, pretty much with the same skill level across the board and my biggest issue playing in bands is that I had too many ideas to throw into the pot and felt I was being stifled in the process. I started to teach myself how to track and mix my own music with Logic Pro X and spent the last 2 years writing and recording my own tunes, which is somewhere along the lines of Alice In Chains meets Pantera at a party for Tool. David Gilmour is the reason I started playing guitar after seeing Floyd when I was 11 and still remains to be my #1 guitar hero, even though I went off on a Vai/Petrucci fanboy phase in my teen years. I have almost 20 songs demoed for my solo project and decided that I’m re-recording every guitar and bass part after getting my III as I was learning how to track/mix as I went along. I’m very much looking forward to banging this out and moving onto the next phase of putting a live band together based off those songs, where I’ll be assaulting South Florida with my Fractal rig in a live setting.

Looking forward to being a part of the community. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Welcome buddy!

Back
Top Bottom