Introduction thread

Hey everybody,
Tomás here from Chile, got my axe fx some weeks ago, so I created an account for learn some of this "toy" haha
Bless

Hi all, thanks for having me. I'm from the Chicago area, age 58, been playing forty plus years. Always chasing that tone. I have a few Fender Strats(all modded), two EBMM Silhouettes, two Sterling JP60's, Amps , Bluguitaramp1, H&K Tubemeister 18, Mesa 20/20, 5(!) ADA MP1s, and a Fender MustangIII. Anyway, thanks for having me. Looking forward to interacting and learning.

Reactions: Rex
Hi all, thanks for having me. I'm from the Chicago area, age 58, been playing forty plus years. Always chasing that tone. I have a few Fender Strats(all modded), two EBMM Silhouettes, two Sterling JP60's, Amps , Bluguitaramp1, H&K Tubemeister 18, Mesa 20/20, 5(!) ADA MP1s, and a Fender MustangIII. Anyway, thanks for having me. Looking forward to interacting and learning.
Welcome to the club, @robochimp ! Pull up a chair and join the fun.

Hello from Arizona! My name is James and I just joined the Fractal family at the Vai Academy! I picked up an AX8 while I was there. It was a lot of fun watching Matt work his magic and it was even better getting to talk to him and pick his brain. I met a lot of wonderful people there and I’m looking forward to interacting and sharing ideas with the folks on this forum!

Hello from Arizona! My name is James and I just joined the Fractal family at the Vai Academy! I picked up an AX8 while I was there. It was a lot of fun watching Matt work his magic and it was even better getting to talk to him and pick his brain. I met a lot of wonderful people there and I’m looking forward to interacting and sharing ideas with the folks on this forum!
Welcome to the funhouse, @jamesf0622 ! Pull up a chair. There's good times to be had.

Last edited:
Hey James - it was great meeting you at Vai Academy!

Welcome to the family - you're gonna love it.

Also, I believe you bought literally the last brand new AX8 that existed. It was unboxed by @fremen in our room a couple days before :)

Hey James - it was great meeting you at Vai Academy!

Welcome to the family - you're gonna love it.

Also, I believe you bought literally the last brand new AX8 that existed. It was unboxed by @fremen in our room a couple days before :)
That was my first thought when I saw James’ post! Had to be one of the last new ones!
What a great week, huh? Mr. V apparently knows how to throw a party...hope he deigns it appropriate to publicly post some of the highlights...

Cheers from Finland! I got the AX8 a year ago and have used it on some recording sessions for plain vanilla tones but I just started using it live so I I need more info and advice on the functionalities from more experienced users :)

Reactions: Rex
Cheers from Finland! I got the AX8 a year ago and have used it on some recording sessions for plain vanilla tones but I just started using it live so I I need more info and advice on the functionalities from more experienced users :)
Wecome, @Vasuri! Soon you'll know more than you ever thought you would. :)

Hello from Boston! My name is Tom, I just picked up an XL+ that should be here in 2 days -- can't wait!

Just got back into playing this past year after a good 5 year gap and I'm lovin it.

Tried literally every amp modeler there is except Axe FX, and none were quite up to par with what Im looking for tone wise.

After watching about 500 Axe FX videos on youtube and some late nights reading -- not to mention seeing a forum post here where Cliff offered to fix a guys XL+ for essentially free even though he bought it off Ebay -- I knew buying one was the right move.

My only regret, is not having enough money for a III. :joycat:

Hello from Boston! My name is Tom, I just picked up an XL+ that should be here in 2 days -- can't wait!

Just got back into playing this past year after a good 5 year gap and I'm lovin it.

Tried literally every amp modeler there is except Axe FX, and none were quite up to par with what Im looking for tone wise.

After watching about 500 Axe FX videos on youtube and some late nights reading -- not to mention seeing a forum post here where Cliff offered to fix a guys XL+ for essentially free even though he bought it off Ebay -- I knew buying one was the right move.

My only regret, is not having enough money for a III. :joycat:

Welcome, Tom! I’m fairly new myself. What part of Boston? I’m from Gloucester.

Back
Top Bottom