IRs Introducing the OwnHammer (r)Evolution Impulse Response Series!

Third-party impulse response pack
I just have to add that GNR 412 is absolutely amazing!! I’m using it with a HBE amp, and I’ve tried it on a couple different amps, and it seems like it’s one cab worth of IRs that if you could only have one pack this would be it. A good cab like this can do pretty much any style
Are they the Guns n roses ir's?

I just picked up the new cab pack, I used to really like the JS-3 IRs in the old packs, are you able to tell me which files might be close in the new packs?

I'm not sure what you mean with JS-'3' mixes? The JS mixes are always in the quick-start folders. There are no JS mixes in the (r)Evolution Series packs though, just the older packs.

I just have to add that GNR 412 is absolutely amazing!! I’m using it with a HBE amp, and I’ve tried it on a couple different amps, and it seems like it’s one cab worth of IRs that if you could only have one pack this would be it. A good cab like this can do pretty much any style

Awesome, thanks so much! :)

Btw, here's another new walkthrough video for the HHC2:

-Jon

By JS-3 I have a 412 Recto cab pack from you that has a mix called JS-3 I would assume it is the JS mix. What I would like to know is what IR would be similar in voicing in the new naming format. I have been digging the 599B, and HARD1 mixes so far, but there is something about that JS mix that is killer in the old pack I have.

Kevin I absolutely love the new 212 VC30 revolution cab pack. Best that I’ve heard. The mono files are the best you have done, and the Haas files sound great also. The stereo files are very subtle. It's hard to tell if they are working correctly or not.

I just wanted to give you a heads on the Haas files with the Axe FXIII.

When I look in your original folders for Mics Haas L it only shows the left side files as expected, but when I import that folder into the Axe FXIII using cab manager it shows both left and right files for every choice. The problem is that even though it says they are left and right, they are not. They are all left. You can hover your mouse over each of the files and see what it really is.

(If you choose both a left and right from that same folder it doesn’t sound right, as they are both really the left side, even though they say they are left and right).

The exact same thing is happening with the Mics Haas R, the Mixes Haas L, and the Mixes Haas R. They all look fine in the original folder, but when imported into the Axe FXIII cab manager they all show both left and right choices, but none of them are really left and right. They are either all left, or all right.

To make them work and sound right in the Axe FXIII you have to pick just the left files from the left folders and ignore all the right files from that same folder; then you have to pick just the right files form the right folders and ignore all the left files from that same folder.

I don’t even know how it is possible that this is happening. It may be an Axe FXIII cab manager problem.

Question: In all of your old cab packs all I ever used was OH2F files. They were the ones that sounded the best with my Stratocaster. Which of your new file types are the closest to the old OH2F files?

Last edited:
It's really quiet from Ownhammer for us Fractal Audio users since a while... Too bad, their IRs are very good sounding, surely the best... but it seems like they don't produce anymore...

It's really quiet from Ownhammer for us Fractal Audio users since a while... Too bad, their IRs are very good sounding, surely the best... but it seems like they don't produce anymore...
As I understand it, their newer stuff is in Line 6's proprietary format only. It's too bad, but every business owner has to find their own way.

I'm not sure they're doing a lot of anything right now, to be honest. It's been pretty quiet since the release of the Revolution bundle. Maybe Kevin got burned out, or maybe he just captured pretty much everything needed over the years.

I will say I've been struggling a bit with fighting too much high and low end on a lot of patches since Cygnus dropped. I heard it might be good to try a smaller cab which could be more focused, and I tried every factory 1x12 and found a couple good ones. But then I remembered the Ownhammer 1x12 Mesa with a V-type speaker and it sounds awesome. It's very balanced and I don't have to cut the highs/lows and not fighting too much of either in my tone. It's the last speaker they released (about a year and a half ago).

"Haas L/R" IR's (500 ms, TrueStereo™) files have been added to the TrueStereo.zip files. In the segment containing the Mics and Mixes folders, look here for the sections labeled as containing Haas L/R files.
I just purchased the (r)Evolution Bundle. There is a folder that says TrueStereo, but there are no folders that say "Haas L/R files". There are L / R mono files in the mono folder.

I have only tried the mono Vibroverb, Deluxe Reverb, and combo of the two so far, but they sound great. Best I have heard. Nothing else comes close. Can't wait to try the other cabs.

What other (r)Evolution cabs are currently available that are not in the (r)Evolution bundle?
I'd love to get a (r)Evolution version of your Bassman, Super Reverb, and Friedman packs.

Back
Top Bottom