IRs Introducing the OwnHammer (r)Evolution Impulse Response Series!

Third-party impulse response pack
Fired up the JMP-1 (OD2, without the bass boost) with the GNR "Balanced" IR this morning, in the Axe FX III. Never got on with the JMP-1 before, if it was in the II, I don't remember. But I think I may have found a new favorite amp/IR combo

These are really, really, good. My fav so far is the mesa 412 57 cap at 0 db with the 57 off axis at minus 3 mixed with the room and 121 at minus 9.
Holy directory structure though! Designed by a mad man!
The T2 ones are really good too.
EDIT: The Modern mixes are really good IMO as well. I didn’t think I would like an EQ’d IR because I prefer to do it myself. But, I get the intended workflow now and it makes it really easy on you.

Last edited:
I purchased the 4x12 Trad and am very pleased. Sounds killer and plenty of variety to find what you want.

The Mixes are really good. My favourite ir in the whole pack is the Modern 1 mix. What mics were used for this?

I purchased the 4x12 Trad and am very pleased. Sounds killer and plenty of variety to find what you want.

The Mixes are really good. My favourite ir in the whole pack is the Modern 1 mix. What mics were used for this?
If it's anything like the old modern mix then it is most likely 57 and a 421. But I could be totally wrong.

Here another video, with the (r)Evolution OH ORANGE (Forward 3 mix) IR :

That was so cool man, great work! Thanks for sharing that here! :)

Thank you! About the Modern1 mix: For various requisite reasons, Kevin has said that this kind of information will not be disclosed, and any publicly available information will be found on the product pages and in the manual. This is not an enjoyable circumstance as he loves talking about gear, wants to help people, and on the whole doesn't care for the "use your ears" blanket response, but there are factors - to which we cannot address directly due to rules of conduct in certain forums - that prevent this from happening.

-Jon

That was so cool man, great work! Thanks for sharing that here! :)

Thank you! About the Modern1 mix: For various requisite reasons, Kevin has said that this kind of information will not be disclosed, and any publicly available information will be found on the product pages and in the manual. This is not an enjoyable circumstance as he loves talking about gear, wants to help people, and on the whole doesn't care for the "use your ears" blanket response, but there are factors - to which we cannot address directly due to rules of conduct in certain forums - that prevent this from happening.

-Jon
This is a pretty strange answer. I can’t imagine how Fractal’s forum rules would forbid you from releasing which mics you used when shooting an ir.

Anyways, not to worry. The mix sounds great.

This is a pretty strange answer. I can’t imagine how Fractal’s forum rules would forbid you from releasing which mics you used when shooting an ir.

Anyways, not to worry. The mix sounds great.
They probably don't want compediters copying their IR's I would guess

I have so much IRs from a bunch of providers... I pretty much only used these new evolution ones!
Can't wait to see more in there!

Bogner V30 next pleaaaase! :p

Back
Top Bottom