Introducing the Axe-Fx II

Cliff,
Thanks for this thread! My big desire if for the DAMPING paramaer in the control modifiers to be up to 10 seconds instead of 1 second to allow for slow crosfades. Has this been changed?
Thanks.
I second this as a potentially pretty useful feature!

I agree with you there mate.
The whole countdown and insider trading side of this is not cool in my book. If this were announced months ago and not kept secret then those that could handle being without an axefx for a while could have sold their units at a better price than they will get now. Obviously as release time got closer the price of the older version would go down, just like we get with most of our technological purchases.

That's difficult to disagree with. I guess the problem with that is that Fractal needed to sell units during those months to finance the new AXE II, but it still could have been handled in a way that would have lessened the price plunge and given current owners time to sell. I completely understand how you feel, especially about some people being tipped off and able to dump theirs before the rest of us regular folks.

foto.jpg

Bring it home !:D:mrgreen

Working in Engineering most of my career and life, I firmly believe that Cliff has massively improved the algorithms for the amps in the Axe II. I can't not think that. Everything can be improved. Therefore, unlike some of you, I am positive the new unit blows away the Ultra. If I didn't think he was gifted I wouldn't care about the new release. But I can't be the only one who was waiting for him to push the bar another 100 feet ahead. So anybody satisfied with what they have, who doesn't think that Cliff has made enormous leaps with the Axe II, I am happy for you. But I can't believe my current sounds will be as good as what comes out of the Axe II. It is the nature of what Cliff does. And until I can buy the new unit, I am going to feel very frustrated. I just want the opportunity to buy one. No, I am not selling my Ultra for $2 and running around in a panic, I NEED the Ultra, it is my rig. I just hope that this advertisement/announcement means average guys like me will be able to buy an Axe II in the near future.

How about a lottery every week, the winner gets the opportunity to buy an Axe II?

So many on the forum are already stressing on the availablilty. I understand and want to get one as soon as possible too (even though I bought my Ultra a month ago...ouch) However I would much rather wait as long as it takes and get a U.S.A. made unit with quality components than have it turned into a mass produced Chinese piece of crap with junk components. Besides I told my girlfriend that the ultra was THE END of me buying gear. Cliff can I sleep on your couch? Thanks in advance.

:( Just bought my Ultra in March ... Kinda gay that the new one is already like out lol.

Like, dude!!! You, like, totally shouldn't, like, equate the word 'gay' with, like, the word 'bad', like, ya know??

Searched for the 'dislike' link but alas, still not available.

Like, dude!!! You, like, totally shouldn't, like, equate the word 'gay' with, like, the word 'bad', like, ya know??

Searched for the 'dislike' link but alas, still not available.

I think he means it's fabulous that the new one is already out. At least, I hope that's what he means.

Some people were unhappy with how Cliff openly marketed the MFC-101. Others are unhappy with how he secretively marketed the Axe-Fx II.

Coffee+Mug+-+Far+Side+Damned+if+You+Do+Dont.jpg

Nailed it.

If he had announced the II months and months ago, he would have been constantly harassed for updates and blamed for delays, as people held off on buying new units until the II shipped and then got angry because they were missing gigs they "could have" had an Ultra for. Not to mention the secondhand market would have cratered as everyone waited to see the feature list and price of the "new" unit, so the value of everyone's "investment" would have gone down anyway. The Axe isn't a must-have item for anyone, really, so there's very little pressure to buy NOW.

Nailed it.

If he had announced the II months and months ago, he would have been constantly harassed for updates and blamed for delays, as people held off on buying new units until the II shipped and then got angry because they were missing gigs they "could have" had an Ultra for. Not to mention the secondhand market would have cratered as everyone waited to see the feature list and price of the "new" unit, so the value of everyone's "investment" would have gone down anyway. The Axe isn't a must-have item for anyone, really, so there's very little pressure to buy NOW.

oh don't worry, its gonna happen even now. He has attracted a LOT of new customers who are more intrigued by this new box which is even more powerful than the Ultra and are waiting in line. and on top of it, there's a mass of Ultras being dumped by existing customers who were completely/semi pissed that there is a new one and going to be more pissed if they don't have a II in their hands soon. So, in short, its a mess and hopefully Cliff had at least a couple hundred units in hand before making the announcement.

Look, guys, there's no good way to announce a new product without pissing off someone. No matter how early in the product cycle you announce it, someone's going to be pissed off that they bought the previous generation right before the new one was announced. Stop acting so entitled, and understand that Fractal is a business and they need to make money even if *you* are upset. If they say: people who bought it a month ago get a rebate... the people who bought it two months ago will complain, and so on and so forth. Give it a rest people. The Ultra is no worse of a unit today than it was a week ago. If it was worth $2K 3 weeks ago *to you*, you got your money's worth. Yeah, it sucks that your money will soon go further, but that's life and the cycle of electronic goods.

Back
Top Bottom