INTRO Lonely boy The Black Keys

Gwillis

Inspired
anybody have the setting for the intro?

whammy or pitch shifting? I have a new boss expression pedal FV500L and I would like to play this song

:) You got to do the intro with a real Whammy Bar :D ... LEFT hand too, off the neck and slam the whammy down whilst playing...

My son covered this song in his school band... I can't do it, but he can do the ol' switcheroo quite smoothly...

Here is his school band rehearsing that song... He's playing the Gretsch with the Bigsby in the foreground (through my Axe-FX II). The band had to play this for Peter Garret (Midnight Oil) the next day...

The original is played with a Boss Super Shifter. The green one. I don't believe that they make that one anymore. Dan Auerbach simply steps on the pedal and steps off of it to get that shift up and down effect.

We play it in my band and I just setup a CL Whammy with a 1 Octave Down setting with Mix set to 100. Assign your expression pedal to the control parameter and your good to go. Toe down on your expression pedal on the tail end of the riff to get that octave shift going.

The original is played with a Boss Super Shifter. The green one. I don't believe that they make that one anymore. Dan Auerbach simply steps on the pedal and steps off of it to get that shift up and down effect.

We play it in my band and I just setup a CL Whammy with a 1 Octave Down setting with Mix set to 100. Assign your expression pedal to the control parameter and your good to go. Toe down on your expression pedal on the tail end of the riff to get that octave shift going.

Use long Damping, to automate the length of the dive.

thanks guys for the tips

So I tried with the pitch block , ''CL Whammy'' with a 1 Octave Down setting with Mix set to 100 , it's work but when the expression pedal is not pulled down(no effect) I have no sound ?

I know it's a little less fun.. but I've always just used the whammy bar for this tune and nobody has ever complained. lol ;)

anybody have the setting for the intro?

whammy or pitch shifting? I have a new boss expression pedal FV500L and I would like to play this song

Made this quick using axe fx wiki notes (below) please excuse the poor playing but I think the sound is close.

Lonely Boy by ChasSynovec on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Dive bomb

The Axe-Fx II can simulate an automated dive bomb or rising pitch effect.
On the Axe-Fx:
Create a preset with a Pitch block after the Amp block.
Set Pitch mode to Classic Whammy, Up|Dn 2 Oct., Pitch Track off, Global source, 100% mix.
Enter the Modifier menu of the Control parameter in the Pitch block. Set Source to an external. Set Damping to 750, for starters.
Enter the Modifier menu of the Bypass parameter in the Pitch block. Set Source to the same External controller as above.
Save the preset.
On the floor controller:
Program a switch switch to send the External controller's CC.
The switch can be latching or momentary, whatever works for you.
To operate: select the preset. Press the switch (press and hold if it's a momentary switch) for the effect to kick in. Press again (or release) to stop, and bypass the Pitch block.
You can also use your expression pedal instead of a switch. Use the corresponding External controller.
Instead of a switch, you can also use Auto engage.
You can adjust the length of the dive through the Damping parameter, use another Whammy mode, make it even more dramatic by adding a flanger, etc.

Back
Top Bottom